Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash Surprise! (WEMC)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Double Cash Surprise!

I just called and was able to convert my card to the World Elite.. Should have it in 7-10 days. Very exciting.

Message 31 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Can you block out personal info and upload a pic when you get it. I am very curious about this. I lost my World when I PC'd to the DC. Would love to go to WEMC! The trade line will be 10 years in October...think I should get something out of it.

Visit this link: http://s7.postimg.org/tpg0u16wb/citi_double_cash_world_elite_mastercard.jpg

I don't sign my cards, never been rejected (just because, you know, fraudulent activity).

I don't sign mine either, my wife DW likes to write "SEE ID" on hers. 

edited to use myfico lingo

It's actually part of mastercard's merchant agreement that the merchant isn't allowed to ask for your ID. 

I remember reading that before, what happens if a merchant refuses to accept your payment if one refuses to present ID?

BTW you have a Citi Forward card! I'd take that over my DC WEMC (and just get the WEMC later)

You can file a merchant complaint with mastercard, and they'll investigate it. The merchant can be fined, or have their ability to accept mastercard taken away depending on what portion of the merchant agreement it is that they break. 

Interesting, I wonder if anyone has gone through the trouble. 

I have for credit card fees (IE, a fee to use a CC in a store or restaurant) because they're not allowed to do that in my state. 

Also, I sent a message asking for a WEMC...they told me my terms dont allow that, so I said "Where in the terms and conditions does it state that you cannot upgrade me to a world elite mastercard" and then I got a message saying my inquiry has been forwarded to a different department. Let's see what happens. 

Because your limit is $1,200.

Message 32 of 203
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Can you block out personal info and upload a pic when you get it. I am very curious about this. I lost my World when I PC'd to the DC. Would love to go to WEMC! The trade line will be 10 years in October...think I should get something out of it.

Visit this link: http://s7.postimg.org/tpg0u16wb/citi_double_cash_world_elite_mastercard.jpg

I don't sign my cards, never been rejected (just because, you know, fraudulent activity).

I don't sign mine either, my wife DW likes to write "SEE ID" on hers. 

edited to use myfico lingo

It's actually part of mastercard's merchant agreement that the merchant isn't allowed to ask for your ID. 

I remember reading that before, what happens if a merchant refuses to accept your payment if one refuses to present ID?

BTW you have a Citi Forward card! I'd take that over my DC WEMC (and just get the WEMC later)

You can file a merchant complaint with mastercard, and they'll investigate it. The merchant can be fined, or have their ability to accept mastercard taken away depending on what portion of the merchant agreement it is that they break. 

Interesting, I wonder if anyone has gone through the trouble. 

I have for credit card fees (IE, a fee to use a CC in a store or restaurant) because they're not allowed to do that in my state. 

Also, I sent a message asking for a WEMC...they told me my terms dont allow that, so I said "Where in the terms and conditions does it state that you cannot upgrade me to a world elite mastercard" and then I got a message saying my inquiry has been forwarded to a different department. Let's see what happens. 

So? Smiley Tongue 

Last time I asked they told me my card just had to be out of the intro APR period. Never mentioned anything about the limit. 

Message 33 of 203
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So? Smiley Tongue 

Last time I asked they told me my card just had to be out of the intro APR period. Never mentioned anything about the limit. 

Maybe your account is just not elegible at this time?  I don't recall what Citi's threshold is for WEMC (the lowest they go).  WMC, I think pretty much anyone now.  Or, in your words...

But This Is America I Want It Now.gif

Message 34 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So? Smiley Tongue 

Maybe your account is just not elegible at this time?  I don't recall what Citi's threshold is for WEMC (the lowest they go).  WMC, I think pretty much anyone now.  Or, in your words...

Ha.

Message 35 of 203
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

I just called and was able to convert my card to the World Elite.. Should have it in 7-10 days. Very exciting.

congrats!

i call, and get the run around

what # did u call? 

I know its shallow but I need my silver logo back (lost my world elite dividend card during card conversion)Smiley Mad

Message 36 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@L-TWT wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

congrats!

i call, and get the run around

what # did u call? 

I know its shallow but I need my silver logo back (lost my world elite dividend card during card conversion)Smiley Mad

Same here. I want the World, or more, back...haha. I just called the standard Citi number. I will PM you. Chat rep confirmed before I called that it was an option on my account. I saved the transcript for backup, just in case.

Message 37 of 203
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So? Smiley Tongue 

I recently PCed to the Dividend WE and my limit is $3k, so at least $3k unless someone has one even lower Smiley Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 38 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Did you PC to the Dividend? I thought that was gone in September when the Double Cash came out.

Message 39 of 203
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Tried over chat and the CSR said to just call and see if i'm elligible. I did get her to confirm that my AF on the prestige is waived though. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 40 of 203
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.