cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash Surprise! (WEMC)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Double Cash Surprise! (WEMC)

@-Cal- wrote:

I recently had some fraudulent activity on my double cash card so had to order a new replacement. During that call I did get a CLI and today the card came in the mail and to my surprise it was upgraded to a WEMC! This is my first WEMC and I'm pretty happy that its on a no AF card.

Helpful keywords for those who may search for this topic in the future: DC, Double Cash, WEMC, World Elite Mastercard

OP, did the tradeline change to report as a flexible spending credit card as well? Just curious if the WEMC DC has flexible spending, the WMC version does not report as such.

Message 111 of 203
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Afaik every Citi issued MasterCard card will be upgraded to World Elite MasterCard status, in an effort to further dilute the product which has been meaningless since 2013 and a way to get more fees from merchants. So if you don't have it, you will eventually.

Message 112 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

Afaik every Citi issued MasterCard card will be upgraded to World Elite MasterCard status, in an effort to further dilute the product which has been meaningless since 2013 and a way to get more fees from merchants. So if you don't have it, you will eventually.

Same old I guess. This happend with World, Platinum, and Gold before it.

Message 113 of 203
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I think only American Express sorta retains product status especially with Centurion. Visa and MasterCard seem to cycle a new tier every decade then dilute it and later introduce another. Look forward to the next MasterCard product offering.

Message 114 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

MasterCard Onyx?

MasterCard Pearl?

MasterCard Diamond?
Message 115 of 203
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Yeah, I think only American Express sorta retains product status especially with Centurion. Visa and MasterCard seem to cycle a new tier every decade then dilute it and later introduce another. Look forward to the next MasterCard product offering.

Do your VentureOne and Arrival+ cards work with the MasterCard Concierge app? Do they register as correctly on binlist? or that Mastercard site (I forgot the URL). Did you apply for your VentureOne and receive WEMC or was it an upgrade/PC? I wouldn't mind my QS WMC to get upgraded to WEMC. 

Also how do you get upgraded to discover plus? 

Message 116 of 203
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

There's mastercard, gold mastercard, platinum mastercard, world mastercard, and world elite mastercard

similarly, visa has visa, visa gold, visa platinum, visa signature, visa infinite (infinite not available in the US) 

You're missing two MasterCard and two Visa platforms Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:
MasterCard Onyx?

MasterCard Pearl?

MasterCard Diamond?

Lol I have an idea for a pretty awesome name but not sharing since it's so so so so good, if I do say so myself. I wish I could pitch the idea to MasterCard. The name flows perfectly and sounds so elegant xD

Message 117 of 203
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

Do your VentureOne and Arrival+ cards work with the MasterCard Concierge app? Do they register as correctly on binlist? or that Mastercard site (I forgot the URL). Did you apply for your VentureOne and receive WEMC or was it an upgrade/PC? I wouldn't mind my QS WMC to get upgraded to WEMC. 

Also how do you get upgraded to discover plus? 

Never tried the app but I will and get back to you. I think not since both have generic BINs, in fact my Capital One has the same account from when it was HSBC. My card started out as HSBC Platinum MC then was switched to Quicksilver WMC and automatically upgraded to WE and it retained WE when I converted to Venture. I plan to switch back to QS as soon as I can. Discover PP is unknown but an article suggested $40,000 in annual spend gets you invited.

Message 118 of 203
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

There's mastercard, gold mastercard, platinum mastercard, world mastercard, and world elite mastercard

similarly, visa has visa, visa gold, visa platinum, visa signature, visa infinite (infinite not available in the US) 

Visa Debit and Prepaid? 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 119 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Visa Debit and Prepaid? 

Those don't count.

Message 120 of 203
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.