cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash Surprise! (WEMC)

tag
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Re: Citibank Double Cash Surprise! (WEMC)

I have called beforehand to ask if after applying, would it be starting out as regular mastercard or WEMC, and was told it would be regular mastercard for me. Smiley Sad She said after one year of holding the card, I should call back and they will see if they can convert it to WEMC for me.

I also got the Visa Gold version of Citi Hilton Hhonors card and was told the same thing (call back after a year so they can convert it to Visa Signature, which won't happen until August).

Message 151 of 203
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I finally got my shiny mastercard back (I know its shallow), with all the calling back and forth and speaking with different CSR, each time receiving different information regarding the double cash world elite mastercard version. Well I reached out to the EO on facebook, received a phone call the same day, was told I did not meet the criteria. Well I responded, now Citi Cards does not meet my criteria and I would like my account closed. I was placed on hold, and all of a sudden I met the criteria Smiley Indifferent. Account upgraded to double cash WEMC and card expedited, just received it today. Account # did not change but now comes with a revolving credit line.

Message 152 of 203
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

I finally got my shiny mastercard back (I know its shallow), with all the calling back and forth and speaking with different CSR, each time receiving different information regarding the double cash world elite mastercard version. Well I reached out to the EO on facebook, received a phone call the same day, was told I did not meet the criteria. Well I responded, now Citi Cards does not meet my criteria and I would like my account closed. I was placed on hold, and all of a sudden I met the criteria Smiley Indifferent. Account upgraded to double cash WEMC and card expedited, just received it today. Account # did not change but now comes with a revolving credit line.

You were seriously going to throw away your Double Cash card because they weren't going to upgrade you to WEMC?

My wife's card arrived today, it's also a WEMC. 

Message 153 of 203
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

You were seriously going to throw away your Double Cash card because they weren't going to upgrade you to WEMC?

My wife's card arrived today, it's also a WEMC. 

not really, just playing a game of chicken! But it worked

Message 154 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you able to convert the DC to WEMC? I've tried CS, EO, Facebook, all say the card isn't available with WEMC.

Message 155 of 203
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

The $64K question is, are these WEMC DCs reporting as "credit card" or "Flexible Spending Card"?

Message 156 of 203
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

The $64K question is, are these WEMC DCs reporting as "credit card" or "Flexible Spending Card"?

Actually, WEMC's should have US based support.  AND, the reps should be able to answer that question.  However, my Aviator red was WMC, and reported as flexible spending card (but changes in certain reports).  On my annual free report (started with equifax), the WMC is listed under type of loan as flexible spending credit card, type of account, revolving.  On 3b reporting, listed as plain credit card.  So need to pull the reports themselves.  

Now, if WMC is supposed to be flexible, then WEMC (what I have now, but is not yet reporting), better be as well.  Hence, wondering if those that upgraded quicksilvers to WMC, are they flexible spending cards?  Also wondering, what happens if you charge the allowed limit (check spending ability) with Amex, and let it report, how does that affect utilization?

Signature needs updating
Message 157 of 203
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:

Mine has been reporting as a Flexible Spending Card.  The CCA I received after getting the card also confirmed the NPSL feature.  Not sure if anyone else is reporting the same way.

Message 158 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Double Cash is World (not WE) and does not report as flexible spend, but my Sallie Mae is also World and reports as flexible spend. Wish I could swap that!

Message 159 of 203
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TitaniumCash wrote:

I have called beforehand to ask if after applying, would it be starting out as regular mastercard or WEMC, and was told it would be regular mastercard for me. Smiley Sad She said after one year of holding the card, I should call back and they will see if they can convert it to WEMC for me.

I also got the Visa Gold version of Citi Hilton Hhonors card and was told the same thing (call back after a year so they can convert it to Visa Signature, which won't happen until August).

yeah i tried too months ago and it's a $20,000 credit line. They said after the Intro rate period ends it can become world elite. . 

At this time, you are not eligible for the World Elite Mastercard for the following reason:

Please be informed that your account is in Active intro rate.

Message 160 of 203
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.