Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Love Button!!!! <3 <3

tag
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citibank Love Button!!!! <3 <3

@rom828 wrote:

Probably havent waited long enough for reply, but I'm going to ask again anyway and hope you all will forgive me!

Where does this 'love' info show up??

Is it on the account 'home' page in plain view or do you have to click a link to get to it??

DH's home page has the link you can click to "request CL increase"  but he hasn't  'clicked' it yet in case it's just a "plain ol' request" link.  He doesnt want to ask again....just been waiting to see if he'll get anything automatically.

Go to Citibank.com, log into your account. If your screen is 10 inches tall, and 14 inches wide, id say its about 2-3 inches from the botom about 2 inches from the right. It says something along of the line of request credit line increase. If you have to go to a menu to get it, then I think it's not the same thing. I also think that link is there because a CLI has already been approved. That above message saying it was approved came up so fast, like 1/100th of a sec...
Message Edited by Karatz on 06-19-2009 08:56 PM
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 11 of 28
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

@rom828 wrote:

Probably havent waited long enough for reply, but I'm going to ask again anyway and hope you all will forgive me!

Is it on the account 'home' page in plain view or do you have to click a link to get to it??

DH's home page has the link you can click to "request CL increase"  but he hasn't  'clicked' it yet in case it's just a "plain ol' request" link.  He doesnt want to ask again....just been waiting to see if he'll get anything automatically.

Go to Citibank.com, log into your account. If your screen is 10 inches tall, and 14 inches wide, id say its about 2-3 inches from the botom about 2 inches from the right. It says something along of the line of request credit line increase. If you have to go to a menu to get it, then I think it's not the same thing. I also think that link is there because a CLI has already been approved. That above message saying it was approved came up so fast, like 1/100th of a sec...

Any chance you have the metric equivalents?

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Karatz...so maybe I can expect a CLI at the 6 month mark.
Message 13 of 28
rom828
Established Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

@rom828 wrote:

Thanks for the info,Karatz!

The link was there on his account just as you described so I hit it.....RATS!

Got the "unfortunately, no dice etc....." message.   And it was there in a nanosecond! DH will probably not be too happy that I took the liberty of getting him a denial!!   LOL   I handle our bills so he's fine of course with me handling everything and he knows I look to this forum all the time for advice, though I'm sure he would have preferred my initiative if it'd had a better outcome!

Darn! Guess we'll have to wait on the letter to see why he's not eligible.  I was hoping with everyone else's good fortune we'd see an increase.  Gee, I'm gonna get a complex!! 

Lessons continue to be learned on this forum.  It's always "YMMV" and I need to keep that in mind, although I can't really imagine why he was't eligible. They just sent him an email offering the Diamond Preferred!

I'll be eagerly looking for the letter so we can see what's up!!

Message Edited by rom828 on 06-21-2009 01:01 PM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 14 of 28
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

rom828 wrote:

Thanks for the info,Karatz!

The link was there on his account just as you described so I hit it.....RATS!

Got the "unfortunately, no dice etc....." message.   And it was there in a nanosecond! DH will probably not be too happy that I took the liberty of getting him a denial!!   LOL   I handle our bills so he's fine of course with me handling everything and he knows I look to this forum all the time for advice, though I'm sure he would have preferred my initiative if it'd had a better outcome!

Darn! Guess we'll have to wait on the letter to see why he's not eligible.  I was hoping with everyone else's good fortune we'd see an increase.  Gee, I'm gonna get a complex!! 

Lessons continue to be learned on this forum.  It's always "YMMV" and I need to keep that in mind, although I can't really imagine why he was't eligible. They just sent him an email offering the Diamond Preferred!

I'll be eagerly looking for the letter so we can see what's up!!

Hi Rom,

That card may have a cap (or flag). Was the email for the Diamond Pref'd a pre-approved invite? If so, I would get the second card. Or call and speak to someone in the credit department to find out the reasons. I would not just go by the letter. It does not always reveal the true reason.

I had a similar experience where after the first auto CLI I received only denials. I only realized it after getting a second card that received regular CLI's. I ended up calling in to investigate. Between talking with the credit and fraud departments I found out there was an old charged off account that had my name attached to it (it was an AU card). They said it was actually opened by my ex ions ago. I knew nothing of this account, never used it and told them as much. They confirmed what I said, had me sign a waiver and they removed the flag from the account. It was initially 6k, 4 months later auto CLI to 8.4k, then denials. Now it sits at 25k.

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 15 of 28
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement, Ocheosa!

Yes, it was a pre-app email for the Diamond, so maybe I can get him to go for that.  He's a little gun-shy after this denial, but seeing that you went through the same thing and didn't have your card  cancelled (his concern...didnt want to look desperate for more credit and risk Citi cancelling card) I think I can get him to take a shot at it.

I think talking to a credit analyst is also a good idea, both about the CLI denial and the pre-app offer.  His scores are the same or better as when he got the card, but we did do a re-fi in March which resulted in 2 new mtgs reporting (one immediately sold, ironically to  Citimortgage).  And we got a car loan in November, so maybe this is just too many new accts right now. 

But calling them would give him a chance to explain any concerns/negatives  as opposed to just getting a a  computer generated 'nay' and not really knowing what the reasons are.

Thanks again for the valuable input!!!

Message Edited by rom828 on 06-22-2009 07:24 AM
Message 16 of 28
rom828
Established Contributor

Just an update:

Decided to follow ocheoso's advice and app for the second card.

Lo and behold, got instant approval for $2K  CL Smiley Happy

Not a big limit but better than the "no dice" message on the CLI request.

And it's 0% til 7-10 for purchases and BTs!

Message 17 of 28
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Just an update:

Congrats don't be discouraged by the initial low approval limit. Citi has given me lots of online hard free CLI. As long as you use the card and PIF you will be fine. Citi likes to be the main man. They will CLD if you do not use the card commensurate with the credit limit. 

Message 18 of 28
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Just an update:

Congratulations to both you and the Hubby! If it were a different time I would say go in for the killl! LOL! But in this credit climate (chilly) we have to be content with the little they give us. Use the heck out of 1 or both cards for the next few months and pay in full before the statement date. Check your accounts online at the 4 month mark, you should hopefully have a nice surprise waiting!

I would wait until just after the auto cli to find out what is going on behind the scenes. Smiley Wink

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 19 of 28
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks!  DH is much happier about the no-go on the CLI since this card was approved.  Just seems odd they'd rather issue another card than give a CL.  Oh, well.....

We do intend to use both cards a lot(as both you and small fry suggest)  over the next few months. He usually uses Amex Gold or Discover as 'go to' cards but we'll change that up for the next few months to try to get these limits up.

But we agree with you, ocheosa, we feel blessed to get what they will give us so we are not complaining!!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.