Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Love Button!!!! <3 <3

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Citibank Love Button!!!! <3 <3

Citi loves to pull Experian for new cards. I have been approved for 5 cards from them in the past 26 months. My highest initial approval was for the Premier Pass. You should see the luv button appear under Tools. Don't fill out the form as it is a hard pull. If you are approved it is a soft pull and will be instant. Once approved it disappears for about three months. If your scores are good and utilization is low they will give CLI. If Citi likes you they tend to take care of you.
Message 21 of 28
rom828
Established Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Citi loves to pull Experian for new cards. I have been approved for 5 cards from them in the past 26 months. My highest initial approval was for the Premier Pass. You should see the luv button appear under Tools. Don't fill out the form as it is a hard pull. If you are approved it is a soft pull and will be instant. Once approved it disappears for about three months. If your scores are good and utilization is low they will give CLI. If Citi likes you they tend to take care of you.

Wow!  5 cards!!

We won't know til we get the letter why the denial of the CLI, but it still seems funny that they'd approve DH for a new card but not a CLI!

The first time he tried for a CLI, he did go to the link under tools, not a hard pull, but still got a denial.  This time the link was on account page so we thought would be a 'shew in' this time....but not so!

As suggested, though, he plans to use both cards a lot, PIF, keep utilization low and hope for the best!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 22 of 28
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

@rom828 wrote:

Probably havent waited long enough for reply, but I'm going to ask again anyway and hope you all will forgive me!

Where does this 'love' info show up??

Is it on the account 'home' page in plain view or do you have to click a link to get to it??

DH's home page has the link you can click to "request CL increase"  but he hasn't  'clicked' it yet in case it's just a "plain ol' request" link.  He doesnt want to ask again....just been waiting to see if he'll get anything automatically.

Go to Citibank.com, log into your account. If your screen is 10 inches tall, and 14 inches wide, id say its about 2-3 inches from the botom about 2 inches from the right. It says something along of the line of request credit line increase. If you have to go to a menu to get it, then I think it's not the same thing. I also think that link is there because a CLI has already been approved. That above message saying it was approved came up so fast, like 1/100th of a sec...
Message Edited by Karatz on 06-19-2009 08:56 PM

Any chance you have the metric equivalents?

Lol, I'm a chem major. 2.54 cm = 1 inch

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 23 of 28
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

@rom828 wrote:

Probably havent waited long enough for reply, but I'm going to ask again anyway and hope you all will forgive me!

Where does this 'love' info show up??

Is it on the account 'home' page in plain view or do you have to click a link to get to it??

DH's home page has the link you can click to "request CL increase"  but he hasn't  'clicked' it yet in case it's just a "plain ol' request" link.  He doesnt want to ask again....just been waiting to see if he'll get anything automatically.

Go to Citibank.com, log into your account. If your screen is 10 inches tall, and 14 inches wide, id say its about 2-3 inches from the botom about 2 inches from the right. It says something along of the line of request credit line increase. If you have to go to a menu to get it, then I think it's not the same thing. I also think that link is there because a CLI has already been approved. That above message saying it was approved came up so fast, like 1/100th of a sec...
Message Edited by Karatz on 06-19-2009 08:56 PM

Thanks for the info,Karatz!

The link was there on his account just as you described so I hit it.....RATS!

Got the "unfortunately, no dice etc....." message.   And it was there in a nanosecond! DH will probably not be too happy that I took the liberty of getting him a denial!!   LOL   I handle our bills so he's fine of course with me handling everything and he knows I look to this forum all the time for advice, though I'm sure he would have preferred my initiative if it'd had a better outcome!

Darn! Guess we'll have to wait on the letter to see why he's not eligible.  I was hoping with everyone else's good fortune we'd see an increase.  Gee, I'm gonna get a complex!! 

Lessons continue to be learned on this forum.  It's always "YMMV" and I need to keep that in mind, although I can't really imagine why he was't eligible. They just sent him an email offering the Diamond Preferred!

I'll be eagerly looking for the letter so we can see what's up!!

Message Edited by rom828 on 06-21-2009 01:01 PM

I'd be interested in knowing your available credit and balance at the time u clicked, maybe even score and % utilization on other cards.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, i just got my citicard in April and saw the love button and so i clicked on it and it doubled my credit to 4200 from 2100.  That's AWESOME!  I transferred a balance to them when i first got the card b/c of the 0% rate for 12 months and at the time of the CLI I had a balance of 1500 so 71%  My EX score is 681 b/c of my lack of history since i'm only 21.  Good luck to all!
Message 25 of 28
rom828
Established Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

I'd be interested in knowing your available credit and balance at the time u clicked, maybe even score and % utilization on other cards.

Sorry, Karatz!  Just noticed your question today. Smiley Surprised

His last EX score 705 and I would think should be about the same.  EQ & TU are 690s.  He was using about 33% of avilable Citi credit and overall utilization low 20s.

Here's something interesting:  his letter explaining denial cited the presence of a PR (1998 --paid 2004-- state tax lien of $518).  This was on his CR at the time he apped for and was approved for the first Citi card.  He was approved for and just rec'd yesterday his new Citi Diamond Preferred.

The really interesting thing is that I apped also for the Diamond Preferred and was denied because of a "paid or unpaid delinquent credit or collection account"....6 yr old CO.  I called Citi to possibly recon but mainly  for info. 

The rep said the presence of the  PR is not "a big deal" since it was such a small amount, is paid and is older. She said that's Citi's general philosophy on 'tax lien PRs'.  

The CO, though, is a problem.  She advised their underwriting now requires any delinquent account to be paid at least 2 yrs prior to the app date. 

I advised her the CO would be dropping next year (per CRs) and she advised me to try again after it deleted.  Then she put me on hold for a few minutes,  and came back on and advised she had tried to get an override on the denial but was unable to do so.  I was impressed with that as I didn't ask her to do so, and I appreciated the extra effort. 

DH and I both have the PR on our CRs, and while it was cited as the reason for Citi Plat  CLI denial, it didn't prevent his getting the new Diamond Preferred.

I think it was hauling that mentioned Citi is pretty clear cut on what they want or don't want and that was really why I called to recon my app:   to get information  more than really expecting a reversal fo the decision. 

So now I'm clear from their advices that they don't want to see a CO on the record, but I am a little confused about the PR situation.  I can only gather (though not sure I quite get the logic) that PRs are ok on apps but not when asking for CLIs, even if the PR was on record at the time one apped for the card for which one wants the CLI!! Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by rom828 on 07-01-2009 12:20 PM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check you CITI Love Button!

I just got the love button invite again two weeks ago (3 months since last love button appeared)....CL increased from $6,800 to $8,300.   My FICO is now 710 Smiley Happy --- Just officially joined the 700 club for the first time! yay!

BTW, I converted my Citi Select Platinum to Citi Forward a while ago and I've accumulated quite a few Thank You points from expedia reservations for my future-in-laws to our wedding, deposit on our dinner reception at restaurant (5x points), etc....I am liking this card!! At first I was worried that I will stop getting the love button after the conversion....but there was no impact whatsoever....I've been charging $2-$3k a month and always PIF before the stmt is cut every month.

Also got approved for $10K for Nationwide (thanks to the OP on the other thread).

Message 27 of 28
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CL, FICO increase and last but not least your nice approval!
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.