Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Product Change Possible?

tag
thobbs
New Contributor

Citibank Product Change Possible?

I currently have a Citi Diamond Preferred Card and wanted to switch over to the Citi ThankYou Rewards card.  Has anyone been successful in doing this?  I don't want to app for another credit card, just simply switch to the newer card.  Is this even possible?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Product Change Possible?

@thobbs wrote:

I currently have a Citi Diamond Preferred Card and wanted to switch over to the Citi ThankYou Rewards card.  Has anyone been successful in doing this?  I don't want to app for another credit card, just simply switch to the newer card.  Is this even possible?

Why you want Citi thankyou card?    That rewards is not good as others ... I am not talking about earning % ... I am talking about when you redeem your pts.

There is thread posted by UFguy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Product-Changes/td-p/947232

Message 2 of 7
thobbs
New Contributor

Would you suggest another Citi card to upgrade too? The Diamond Preferred is fairly useless, but I've had it for a few years and would like to keep it open.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thobbs wrote:
Would you suggest another Citi card to upgrade too? The Diamond Preferred is fairly useless, but I've had it for a few years and would like to keep it open.

Let me think ... at this moment I don't have any favorite card through Citi.    Let's here from other members.

Meanwhile:

• What kind/type of rewards are you looking for?  
  • Are you willing to pay AF?   or stick with NO AF?
  • What is your spending habit? 
  • Do you travel a lot?
  • Tell us more about what are you looking for in the cc.

Is it your oldest acct?   If so, keep it as is and put it away ... make sure use it once in a six month to keep it in the active status.   That is what I am doing to my thankyou card now.  It used to be was Driver's Edge MC ... not any more Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You can PC into Dividend Platinum Select, that guarantees you earn minimum 1% cashback.

If you book tickets through Expedia consider Citi Expedia.

If you have MC version of Diamond Preferred you probably cannot PC into Citi Forward/mtvU without loosing its account history (since those two cards are using Visa). 

Stay away from TY/TY Preferred since its reward structure is inferior to plain 1% cashback cards.

Anytime your PC that requires changing transaction network (AMEX ---> Visa, MC ---> Visa, etc) a new account number would have to be issued; therefore the chance of loosing credit history.

Message 5 of 7
thobbs
New Contributor

I do have the MC Diamond Preferred. Looks like the way to go is to just sock drawer it. I like to use my rewards cards since I PIF each month. Thanks for the info though!
Message 6 of 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@thobbs wrote:
I do have the MC Diamond Preferred. Looks like the way to go is to just sock drawer it. I like to use my rewards cards since I PIF each month. Thanks for the info though!

I also have the same Diamond Preferred and the options I've been given is the Thank You World MC or the AAdvantage Visa. I would be interested in PC to Visa Forward, but I'd lose my low Diamond APR. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.