Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Restsricted Privileges - disappointed that CITI blacklists

tag
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Citibank Restricted Privileges - disappointed that CITI blacklists

I agree with time since your BK you may deserve a second chance, aparently Citibank risk managment doesn't agree. I think enharu's analogy may be a little harsh, but is 100% appropriate.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 11 of 38
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I think every case is different and none of it is logical...

take my case..

bk in 2009

citibank (the bank) lost 5k on me on a checking plus loan

citibank (credit card) lost 9k

fast forward to 2014 and I have two cards with them totaling 7k in credit

BUT I have been banking with them for 13 yrs and have 40k sitting in my checking account with them...not sure that makes a lick of difference

BUT none the less..there is just no logic to their thinkging

Message 12 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@blondy250 wrote:

I agree with time since your BK you may deserve a second chance, aparently Citibank risk managment doesn't agree. I think enharu's analogy may be a little harsh, but is 100% appropriate.

+1

Any idea on when and if they were going to remove the restriction OP?  Or, is it closed permanently. 

Message 13 of 38
jre
Regular Contributor

Re: Citibank Restsricted Privileges - disappointed that CITI blacklists

@gdale6 wrote:

Oh ya I IIB them in 96 apped for first time with them in Nov was declined for the same reason, I took it all the way to the EO, no satisfaction. Personally I believe if one has filed a BK it should be illegal to even consider old accounts past the 10 year time frame.

This comment is absolutely hilarious. You want to make it illegal for lenders to consider past customer's relationships with them, i.e. burning them. I'd like to see how profitable of a business you would run if the government forced these types of restrictions on your business.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 14 of 38
apacislvallejo
New Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

+1

Any idea on when and if they were going to remove the restriction OP?  Or, is it closed permanently. 

I wasn't sure I should reply to them .... but I could ask the backdoor number about when/and if they were going to remove the restriction ... thanks for the idea, if I choose to go there.  Best, f.

FICO8 Updated: 3/11/2016
Eq: 803, Ex: 774, TU: 797
FICO9 Updated: 2/15/2016
Eq: 814; Ex: 793; Tu: 809 ----- TOTAL CL: $204,500
Message 15 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@apacislvallejo wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

+1

I wasn't sure I should reply to them .... but I could ask the backdoor number about when/and if they were going to remove the restriction ... thanks for the idea, if I choose to go there.  Best, f.

An option that may be available is to contact the Citi EO to hint whether any review is being performed on your account or when (and if) it could be expected to be reinstated.

Message 16 of 38
apacislvallejo
New Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@apacislvallejo wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

+1

An option that may be available is to contact the Citi EO to hint whether any review is being performed on your account or when (and if) it could be expected to be reinstated.

Let's see what happens.  I certainly have some ideas now, thanks t'yall.

FICO8 Updated: 3/11/2016
Eq: 803, Ex: 774, TU: 797
FICO9 Updated: 2/15/2016
Eq: 814; Ex: 793; Tu: 809 ----- TOTAL CL: $204,500
Message 17 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

@apacislvallejo wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@apacislvallejo wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

+1

Let's see what happens.  I certainly have some ideas now, thanks t'yall.

+1 to finstar said. you should try contacting EO. They're generally pretty helpful. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 38
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Sounds like by escalating to EO, got them digging further which resulted in them finding your old files :/

Message 19 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citibank Restsricted Privileges - disappointed that CITI blacklists

@jre wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Oh ya I IIB them in 96 apped for first time with them in Nov was declined for the same reason, I took it all the way to the EO, no satisfaction. Personally I believe if one has filed a BK it should be illegal to even consider old accounts past the 10 year time frame.

This comment is absolutely hilarious. You want to make it illegal for lenders to consider past customer's relationships with them, i.e. burning them. I'd like to see how profitable of a business you would run if the government forced these types of restrictions on your business.

@jre wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Ok I wasn't going to say anything else on this but you have irked me. The entire point & purpose of the US Bankruptcy law is to allow someone a fresh start and wipe the slate clean, the penalty is a 10 year period of reduced abilitiy to get credit and higher interest rates. Now if the law allows a fresh start which is its purpose then it becomes a violation of the spirit and intent of the law to continue to use it against someone past the 10 year period. The ones who should be on a BL are the ones who never file a BK and stuff their creditors possibly multiple times with COs and never ever pay them off. The final comment I will make. Have a great day Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.