Did you mean: 

Citibank Shell MC w/EMV Chip

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Citibank Shell MC w/EMV Chip

@Ron1 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

Since I do a lot of driving and I'm somewhat amused by the current "Gas Wars" I've been adding a couple of Gas Cards to my wallet. Today I got a new Citibank issued Shell MasterCard - not a World or high limit card but $2500 just for gas on the road and the rebates offered for gas purchases is plenty.

This is 100% a PIF each month high APR card, but anyway what I found interesting is that it came "chipped" with a promo for chipped cards in the welcome back.

I guess Citi is "chipping" all of its cards if they do it for a co-branded gas card - I was not expecting this card to be chipped.

FWIW....

Sears MC already got the Chip on their card. I heard Bust Buy RZMC also got one too.

Ron.

I believe every major network Citi card currently issued is a chip card.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 11 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Citibank Shell MC w/EMV Chip

I run a ton of spend in gas alone and rely on rewards cards like Sam's Club 5% CB when i would jump in a heartbeat to get a Sunoco Citi gas card. Even their DoubleCash returns better then the gas card. Sure would like to see them change that but i don't think it will ever happen. No matter though, we have Freedom + Discover for 5% CB on fuel if not Sallie and some others who carry that load for us.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.