Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Tiers

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Citibank Tiers

Does anybody know the tier levels on Citi cards. Which cards are harder to obtain in there little universe known as Citibank. I dont think anybody has ever broken this down or it may be impossible because nobody actually knows the underwriting requirements for there cards.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Citibank Tiers

The Forward used to be their general "entry-level" card, but it probably got too popular and is now only open to students. The sad part is that it was/is one of Citi's most desirable cards.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 2 of 6
dodgeball
Established Contributor

thanks for the response, I know that my AAdvantage was very difficult to obtain and on the acceptance letter the score was 720 and I had to recon to get that card through the exectutive office,

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Does anybody know the tier levels on Citi cards. Which cards are harder to obtain in there little universe known as Citibank. I dont think anybody has ever broken this down or it may be impossible because nobody actually knows the underwriting requirements for there cards.

Their top tier card used to be The Chairman, but it was discontinued fairly recently.  It was another of those "by invitation" high AF-type cards.  It's since been replaced by "the New Citi Prestige Card" with the attendant $400 AF for the price of admission.  It is, however, a card that one can apply for on line, not a "by invitation only" card.  

Citi Executive/AA Advantage World Elite MasterCard is another of their high end cards with a $450 AF.  Again, a card that one can apply for on line.  

They have several cards with AF ranging from $95-125, and then cards with AF in the $50 ballpark.  Last but not least are the no fee cards.

I think that, with Citi, the price of admission (AF) determines how difficult a particular card is to get.  Certainly a no AF card would (likely) be easier to get than one of the $400-$450 AF cards. 

Not really certain if they have that "pecking order" thing going on as much as some other card issuers such as Chase or AMEX. 

Message 4 of 6
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Thanks for putting the words in my mouth exactly what I wanted to say what is the pecking order. I think that the AF cards are more difficult to get.

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 5 of 6
dodgeball
Established Contributor

bump still seeking some concrete anwsers

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.