Established Contributor
dodgeball

Citibank Tiers

Does anybody know the tier levels on Citi cards. Which cards are harder to obtain in there little universe known as Citibank. I dont think anybody has ever broken this down or it may be impossible because nobody actually knows the underwriting requirements for there cards.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Regular Contributor
sengpatt

Re: Citibank Tiers

The Forward used to be their general "entry-level" card, but it probably got too popular and is now only open to students. The sad part is that it was/is one of Citi's most desirable cards.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Established Contributor
dodgeball

thanks for the response, I know that my AAdvantage was very difficult to obtain and on the acceptance letter the score was 720 and I had to recon to get that card through the exectutive office,

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Valued Contributor
thom02099

[ Edited ]

dodgeball wrote:

Does anybody know the tier levels on Citi cards. Which cards are harder to obtain in there little universe known as Citibank. I dont think anybody has ever broken this down or it may be impossible because nobody actually knows the underwriting requirements for there cards.

Their top tier card used to be The Chairman, but it was discontinued fairly recently.  It was another of those "by invitation" high AF-type cards.  It's since been replaced by "the New Citi Prestige Card" with the attendant $400 AF for the price of admission.  It is, however, a card that one can apply for on line, not a "by invitation only" card.  

Citi Executive/AA Advantage World Elite MasterCard is another of their high end cards with a $450 AF.  Again, a card that one can apply for on line.  

They have several cards with AF ranging from $95-125, and then cards with AF in the $50 ballpark.  Last but not least are the no fee cards.

I think that, with Citi, the price of admission (AF) determines how difficult a particular card is to get.  Certainly a no AF card would (likely) be easier to get than one of the $400-$450 AF cards. 

Not really certain if they have that "pecking order" thing going on as much as some other card issuers such as Chase or AMEX. 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014
Established Contributor
dodgeball

Thanks for putting the words in my mouth exactly what I wanted to say what is the pecking order. I think that the AF cards are more difficult to get.

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Established Contributor
dodgeball

bump still seeking some concrete anwsers

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}