Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank account closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank account closed

I just received a notice that citibank closed my zales-gordons account.  My concern is that while I've been working on paying it off, I am still holding a balance.  How is this going to affect my credit rating?  Am I going to be subject to interest rate increases?  Any advice on calling them to work something out until balance is paid off?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank account closed

BNF wrote:

I just received a notice that citibank closed my zales-gordons account.  My concern is that while I've been working on paying it off, I am still holding a balance.  How is this going to affect my credit rating?  Am I going to be subject to interest rate increases?  Any advice on calling them to work something out until balance is paid off?

Thanks

Hi BNF! Welcome to the myFICO Forums! Smiley Happy

Is it that you want the account to remain open for use, or is it that you're concerned about the impact of closure with a balance? If it's the loss the account for use, you might try calling them to try to get it re-opened. If you're worried about paying the balance down while it's closed, fear not-- As long as there is a balance (paid on time), the credit limit will continue to be calculated in your utilization ratio until the balance is zero. So, you shouldn't see a UTI spike, eventhough the account is closed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.