Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank and tax returns...

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Citibank and tax returns...

ma_fico --- BLESS YOU!!!  I will be sending off for my personal report next week!   Scary that so much information is available that could be wrong!

d170 --- thank you!  Yeah, I kept calling back and asking for different people.   The last supervisor did reset the password.  But oh  man, what a frustrating experience it all was!

To everyone -- I would never send/sign permission for my tax returns/transcripts to be accessed.

Message 11 of 15
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

I  never did learn what the "secret phone password" was.  They did give me hints...starts with L and is 5 letters long and ends with Y.  Not even close to anything I have ever had as a password.  And I tried countless combinations of words starting with L and ending with Y, but never got it.

But I do want to know what this "data company" is that they use to verify identity.

Perhaps, should have tried..........LOUSY

Message 12 of 15
-RED
Regular Contributor

WOW, so they tried to get you to fill out and sign a 4506-T form.... UNREAL!

They not only lied to you, but by law have to disclose where they got any such info.

Sounds like a reason to get a HUGE CLI...!!!!!

To answer your question, I hate CITI, I'd never, ever do business with them, and I'd close the card!

-800 or Bust...!
Message 13 of 15
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Never sent in the "required" tax information or signed their form. 

New card was sent.  Used it once for a small charge of $1.06.

Get this -- I am NOT allowed to pay that small balance of $1.06 until AFTER my statement processes.  They refuse a phone payment and they won't allow me to do an online payment.  Smiley Mad   I am NOT kidding!

Oh -- and if I use their 0% interest (3% balance transfer fee), they will raise my credit limit by $2,200!

I keep the card cuz it helps with the overall financial picture/credit score.   I was ready to let it go when all of this tax records stuff came up.   

And not one financial institution has EVER revealed to me where they "verify" their data.  It's a big secret!

Message 14 of 15
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

Never sent in the "required" tax information or signed their form. 

New card was sent.  Used it once for a small charge of $1.06.

Get this -- I am NOT allowed to pay that small balance of $1.06 until AFTER my statement processes.  They refuse a phone payment and they won't allow me to do an online payment.  Smiley Mad   I am NOT kidding!

Oh -- and if I use their 0% interest (3% balance transfer fee), they will raise my credit limit by $2,200!

I keep the card cuz it helps with the overall financial picture/credit score.   I was ready to let it go when all of this tax records stuff came up.   

And not one financial institution has EVER revealed to me where they "verify" their data.  It's a big secret!

If you have time before the statement cuts, and you have online bill paying with your bank (or with a FIA/BofA credit card account) you can "push" a payment to Citi, and they'll accept it.

Unfortunately many of the cc issuers have this policy.  I've been burned more than once, since I forget.  Smiley Very Happy

Glad you got the card; for all their annoyances, Citi has been really good to me.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.