Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank conversion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank conversion

I recently converted my citi platinum select to the citi dividend card. The change won't go into effect until a month from now but I have points from the extra cash program that I have not redeemed. Anyone know what happens to my points once my card converts? The rewards program is different for the dividend so they won't carry over.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Re: Citibank conversion

No worries, You will have ur points as such and will not lose anything. I did the same coversion and the points were retained.

Message 2 of 5
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently converted my citi platinum select to the citi dividend card. The change won't go into effect until a month from now but I have points from the extra cash program that I have not redeemed. Anyone know what happens to my points once my card converts? The rewards program is different for the dividend so they won't carry over.

I did not think the extra cash program was associated with the Dividend Card but I may be wrong. Why do you not call customer service?

Message 3 of 5
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

I did this too... Funny thing is that I did this July 10, and conversion won't take affect until September 15. And I lose my promo apr too. :"( cash advance is 5% instead of 3% as listed on terms and conditions of card. Good news however, is that I get a new standard apr of 14.24 which is odd, because it matches that of my previous citicard preapproval.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSR I spoke with said I would not lose my intro apr of 0%, even though it ends in november, not to long after I receive my new card. What are your thoughts on the dividend card by the way?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.