Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank is pretty cool.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank is pretty cool.

$4000 from Citibank went into our checking today.

Lucked out and somehow figured our federal taxes wrong yet again and once more got back a chunk more than I figured...the refund got direct deposited this morning along with the transfer from Citi, so we should have plenty enough to buy another car.

Hoping I can find something for 3 grand or so and just  give the extra back to citi so we owe less.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay!

Looks like the universe is re-aligning.  Woot-woot!Smiley Tongue

Good luck on finding just the right car and hope all goes well in the process.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, beam :-)

One last battle other than finding a car and my life may come to some sense of order again.

Funny how things can change so quickly over the course of a week.

Message 13 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

MrGoat;

If it helps any, for anyone to get that good of treatment from Citi would tell me their stars must be starting to align Smiley LOL   I really hope it's just the tip of the iceberg of good fortune for you.  Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, took the $4000 and bought a nice 2000 Ford Ranger with the extended cab and extra seats.

Figure I'll drive it till its half paid off and if I dont like it sell it for the balance and find something else.

Kind of wanted  a mid size truck so hopefully this one works out.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyVision wrote:

MrGoat;

If it helps any, for anyone to get that good of treatment from Citi would tell me their stars must be starting to align Smiley LOL   I really hope it's just the tip of the iceberg of good fortune for you.  Smiley Happy

+1

I'm Wishing you the Very Best of Luck.

And Congratulations on your new (used truck). I hope it runs perfectly for you.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a ton, guys. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, the car is gone, gone, gone.

Checked with everyone who could have towed it and nothing.

Just called Citibank and they are putting $4000 in my checking account for $120 transfer fee at 0%apr till next March. AFter that it goes to my purchase APR of 10.74%.

They arent even doing a credit check.

Hell, any real loan I'd have gotten would have had a hard hit and a higher APR.

That is awesome, COngrats!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Our car was stolen last thursday.

I had a medical appt I couldnt miss and because the universe is constantly trying to sabotage every aspect of my life, my car decided that was the day to break down.

Older car but very few miles (1993 with 117,000 miles) and it runs really good.

So I had to leave it and got a ride to the appt.

When I got back it was gone. Figured it got towed at first, which would have been odd since they say they give it 48 hours. But after a couple days it became apparent that it had been stolen.

I called citibank about it and they said that I can get up to my limit of 10K just by calling and having them put it in my checking.

I dont intend on putting that much money out for a car, maybe $3500 tops.

But the cool thing is that theyre giving me a 0%apr for a year and only charging $100 for the 'transfer' I guess theyre calling it.

Not too bad given that I really dont want to use our savings for a car right now and I REALLY dont want to go thru the paperwork of getting a car or signature loan.

At the end of the year if we still owe anything on it I'll do my normal balance tranfer.....ie charging everything on another card and using all available cash to pay off the one with the balance I want moved...and put anything that remains on the wifes citibank which is 6.74%apr...cheaper than her signature loan was (10%apr).

If all goes well we should be able to pay it off within the year anyway.

Just sort of cool of citibank to make things so easy.

You sounded like Kamijou Touma from To Aru Majutsu no Index. 

Anyway, nice to hear the situation is resolved nicely. What Citi did is given you a cash version of BT. Citi is known to give out 0% BT offer very often. I constantly receives mails from Citi about 12 months 0% BT offer.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You sounded like Kamijou Touma from To Aru Majutsu no Index. 

Anyway, nice to hear the situation is resolved nicely. What Citi did is given you a cash version of BT. Citi is known to give out 0% BT offer very often. I constantly receives mails from Citi about 12 months 0% BT offer.

I read a short bit about that Kamijou Touma character. Someones been following me Smiley LOL

Yeah, I'd definitely believe that citibank must be pretty easy to work with because Ive only been with them for a bit over 3 years and have had horrible credit in the recent past...for them to be so generous with me makes me think they must be pretty good to most of their customers as long as they pay their bill on time and keep their credit report clean.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.