Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank is the worst

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank is the worst

@Anonymous wrote:
It doesn’t seem to be an issue with the actual charges anymore. But they won’t tell me what the issue is. Sometimes when I call they say they need to call me back but they can’t use my mobile phone number to call back. Yet sometimes it’s acceptable. There’s zero consistency. And some reps also claim they can’t get into the account to read the notations. I ask them to notate after every phone call, though the last time I spoke with them I asked them to “make note of this” and spelled out “F___ CITIBANK”. I also find it curious that this started happening right before I hit my minimum spend for the promo thank you points bonus. I also have not been credited with thank you points from the last two months, though I called thank you and they made an adjustment for points earned two months ago. Still waiting on last month.

Same problem here. They're typically able to use other means, such as verifying my checking account number or something else to verify my identity. Perhaps they should re-evaluate their customer service system. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank is the worst

CitiBank is going down. There are less than 50 branch offices in Florida All in south Florida near Miami. My guess is that they are losing money (Mod Cut-This is one of the 5 things we dont mention here, thanks for understanding). I've had a credit card with Citi for about 10 years and I've never had a fraud alert on my card during that time, until last week. It was a fake fraud report. I was told by Citi phone rep that because I made a purchase at Advance Auto Part one day and Napa Auto parts the next day that cause for concern so they locked my account. I was also told by the same phone rep that I had verified the purchaces but they still weren't going to unlock my account. Even thought I satisfied all the personal question they also required me to have a phone number with my name on the account that they could send text to with verification code. Never mind that the purchase was legitimate or that I knew the password on the account, or that I could get email at the address I used to open the account with or that they could send me a message using their “secure message center” through my online account! CitiBank is forcing me to wait 7 to 10 business days to get snail mail with the verification code before I can unlock and use my credit card again. The closet bank to me is more than 100 miles away. CitiBank is the one committing fraud against me. A word to the wise...you had better think twice if you want to use CitiBank as your financial institution. It won't be long before they close all there branch's in Florida then the only way you will be able to get customer service is over the phone or at an ATM!!!! Better make sure your contact info is updated before they decide to lock your account!!!!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.