Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank just got me!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank just got me!!!

I've had this card for over three years and my Fico score pulled from this site is 810.

The card I had was if you spend $99.00 you get 3mons 0% interest and if you spend $299.00 you get 6mons 0% interest.

I really loved the card and never paid any interest on it in the three years I had it.

Friday I got a letter from Citi that reads.

We are writing to inform you that Citi MasterCard account #### will be closed as of Feb 25, 2010.

We are taking this action because we have decided to stop offering a Citi MasterCard with the feature of your account.

Our decision was not based on any information regarding your individual account or your credit standing.

We hope you consider other Citi credit cards for your ongoing needs visit www.citicards.com NO WAY WILL I GET ANOTHER CARD FROM THEM.

I loved that card but ran it through the sherder Friday night.

Jeff

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank just got me!!!

Call the Citi backdoor number and request a product change.  If they are discontinuing that particular card or program....then see if they will let you change it over to one that isn't discontinued.

With 810 FICO and a 3 year perfect history, I would expect you to have a reasonably good chance of this.  Then you get to keep the account open (under different cc product - maybe the CitiForward or something) and the history you have over the 3 years of the account.

Let us know.  And if at first they say no....call back in a day or two.....then do so again until such time that you succeed.

Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Honestly, think of it as a wakeup call to go to a CU.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and they said I would have to apply for a new card, which I don't need.

They said this type of card wasn't working out for them.

I said why because you aren't making any money. She said correct.

I only used it for the $299.00 or more purchases and used there money for 6 mons interest free.

Then paid it off in full. I could have paid cash for the item, but why?

I get 1.49% on my savings at Ally Bank at this piont, so I was making money.

Message 4 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Sounds like that was a pretty useful card to have.  Sorry that they've discontinued it on you, Buffaloman57!
Message 5 of 7
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

welcome to the forum buffaloman57!
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Common business sense: "If it seems to good to be true, it usually isn't." Considering the bank's cost of money to back those balances it is highly unlikely that they were doing anything else other than losing money on those accounts.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.