Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank - multiple credit pull - please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank - multiple credit pull - please help

Hello All,

I have a few questions and I was wondering if someone could advice course of action and or insight why citi is pulling my credit multiple times:

i went to Citibank on March 19th to open a new checking account and from the pressure of the banker I put in an application for student forward - I got declined and there was an error on my credit report. I contacted Experian and got the error deleted and sent the updated credit report to Citi and they pulled my credit report again on 4th of april - ok understood they had to verify that experian indeed deleted the account in question.

Fast forward to a week later and I receive a request to sign and send back a 4506T for tax returns. At this point I was fed up and withdrew my application. I notice on 17th april they pull my credit report again and called back Citi. Spoke to someone and they could not see this pull, however, I got an email from Citi saying that I withdrew my applications so no more need for a credit check.

4 days after cancelling the application (april 22nd) they pull my exprian yet again. I have withdrawn my app and have an email confirmation so why do they keep pulling my CR? How do I make them stop and how do I dispute these inquries?

Anyway, I get alerts from Idintegrity from Penfed and this is how I know they have pulled my cr 4 times since putting an app in and 2 of which should not even be because I cancelled my app...

Any advice?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank - multiple credit pull - please help

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I have a few questions and I was wondering if someone could advice course of action and or insight why citi is pulling my credit multiple times:

i went to Citibank on March 19th to open a new checking account and from the pressure of the banker I put in an application for student forward - I got declined and there was an error on my credit report. I contacted Experian and got the error deleted and sent the updated credit report to Citi and they pulled my credit report again on 4th of april - ok understood they had to verify that experian indeed deleted the account in question.

Fast forward to a week later and I receive a request to sign and send back a 4506T for tax returns. At this point I was fed up and withdrew my application. I notice on 17th april they pull my credit report again and called back Citi. Spoke to someone and they could not see this pull, however, I got an email from Citi saying that I withdrew my applications so no more need for a credit check.

4 days after cancelling the application (april 22nd) they pull my exprian yet again. I have withdrawn my app and have an email confirmation so why do they keep pulling my CR? How do I make them stop and how do I dispute these inquries?

Anyway, I get alerts from Idintegrity from Penfed and this is how I know they have pulled my cr 4 times since putting an app in and 2 of which should not even be because I cancelled my app...

Any advice?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

I would contact them and ask to speak to someone more then just a customer service rep. Explain what is happening with them repeatedly checking your credit after you have cancelled your application. Hopefully they will recode the INQ to be a soft pull instead of a hard pull which should be enough to clear up any other creditors from seeing them.

If nothing is resolved at this level I would start working my way further up the chain of authority until you receive some type of results that you are satisfied with.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

any other insights?

Message 3 of 4
aftermath
Established Contributor

No other insight needed.  Just do as the poster said above.  Contact someone high up the chain.  Those frontline CSR's don't always know what they're talking about.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.