Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank pissed me oFF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank pissed me oFF

Here's my story:

I applied back in March for a Dividend Mastercard and my application was turned down due to incorrect information on my CR. Then two months later I got my CR error fixed and everything is clean with a FICO score of 733, So I decided to resubmit the application today and was turn down again for the reasons: *drum roll* TOO MUCH INQUIRIES on my CR. I called the backdoor number right away after i submitted the application and was declined instantly, so they asked me about the inquiries and so I explained, explained and explained. They still decline my application. Then I continued the conversation with the CS person and I told them you are human and i'm sure you can overwrite the decision. I also told them, you guys make the policy and why can't you  change the policy. They still say No again due to inquiries. They said, an applicants can only have 3 inquiries within 6months or a year. THe fact is that I only have 6 inquiries with recently new account with BoA and Amex and Walmart and from the past year. I'm still pissed off at Citibank and I dont think I will again ever apply with them again. I called again twice and was not very successful. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH CITIBANK. WORST Customer Service...

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 06-02-2009 01:27 PM
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Citibank pissed me oFF

Credit Unions Rule.  Banks are too flakey in this credit climate.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like to me Citi just didnt want to approve you.

Message 3 of 21
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

In this climate, the lines are getting harder.  Many here have sung the praises of credit unions and I agree that much can be gained.

Although the Dividend Mastercard is good, if it's not in the near future for you, please consider some of the other strategies listed on the threads.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree Credit Union are the best place to hangout with, however, credit unions do not have many credit card choices with rewards program available etc. I have a 10K limit on my CU Mastercard. Previously 6,500 CL and I requested for the increase on Friday and was approved to 10K. Then an inquiry reported on my credit report (Equifax) and that inquiry also hurt me when I spoke  to Citi CS people..Grrrr..

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

cartercorp:

Yeah it sounded obviously they dont want to approve me. I can tell the tone from the person (a lady) I was spoken too...

So far my experience with all these big banks customer service...I ranked the follow from WORST to BEST/BETTER

Citi = Rude and DumbF**K

Chase = Okay but NOT very satisfactory but better than Citi 

Bank of America = Better than Citi and Chase

AMEX = Equal to BoA

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 06-02-2009 04:33 PM
Message 6 of 21
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that CreditCard101, but you may be using the information learned in the wrong class.

You want to use the information learned in CreditCard202. Then again what do I know, I can only give My2cents.

Now Im pissed at Citi for making you mad.Smiley Mad

700 Club Member
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah maybe i should be taking Master Degree in CreditCard 202 Class instead....Credit Card 101 doesnt work these days...Learn my Lesson, No more credt card applications in 2009/2010....DONE

Amex, BoA, Credit Union, Walmart card....This is enough in my wallet..What I learned today is making me upset and never want to apply for anymore!!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a citi card.  Was my 1st credit card I applied for after getting an Express store card.  I think it is wrong to say they have bad customer service.  We might not agree with who they do or do not lend to, but they have to look after themselves being in the situation they are in with our economy.  They did just borrow $45 billion from the government.  Although Im sorry to hear you didn't get the card, its wrong to say they have bad customer service.  At least in my experience with them.
Message 9 of 21
athensguy
Valued Contributor

733 might be a bit low for an approval. 6 inquiries might be enough that a lot of issuers would take notice. Since you gave a score, I'm assuming they pulled EQ on you.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.