Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank pre approval success rate

tag
TheFlores
Contributor

Re: Citibank pre approval success rate

I went to the citi site and was preqaulified for the diamond preferred ..  I think this may be out of my league..  should i app?  656 TU and EQ

Message 11 of 22
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

+1...gotta agree, i have been approved for 4 citi cards in a year. Have over 30 INQ on EX (11 in last 6 months). They pull both EX and EQ for my approvals but they have been with generous limits. Just requested a CLI on my Aadvantage Executive WEMC and had been originally denied but after the analyst took a second look, he said there was mistake on the way my EQ report had been looked and went ahead and approved it.

Are you keeping both the Prestige and the AA Exec?  I realize they have different features but seems like a lot in AF when you could decide to go all AA miles or all TYP.

Im actually going to close the Thank you Premier first (once it hits the one year mark). I will definitely keep the AA Exec, I have put almost 40k on the card in 6 months. Definitely worth keeping,, have accumulated alot miles and have 4 trips planned already in the next 5 months. I was waiting for the year to be up on the Premier and see if i can move my TY points on to my Prestige. Really dont mind the AF on the cards..LOL. 

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 22
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I took the leap and applied for the Dividend card and was denied flat out; no 7-10 day message.......so add another inquiry.  I am thinking about going for the Sams Club Discover and call it quits for a while........actually have more credit than I need.......I just love getting credit cards.

Message 13 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

+1...gotta agree, i have been approved for 4 citi cards in a year. Have over 30 INQ on EX (11 in last 6 months). They pull both EX and EQ for my approvals but they have been with generous limits. Just requested a CLI on my Aadvantage Executive WEMC and had been originally denied but after the analyst took a second look, he said there was mistake on the way my EQ report had been looked and went ahead and approved it.

Are you keeping both the Prestige and the AA Exec?  I realize they have different features but seems like a lot in AF when you could decide to go all AA miles or all TYP.

Im actually going to close the Thank you Premier first (once it hits the one year mark). I will definitely keep the AA Exec, I have put almost 40k on the card in 6 months. Definitely worth keeping,, have accumulated alot miles and have 4 trips planned already in the next 5 months. I was waiting for the year to be up on the Premier and see if i can move my TY points on to my Prestige. Really dont mind the AF on the cards..LOL. 

Oh, didn't realize you have the Premier, thought it was the preferred.  Yes, I am closing mine as soon as the AF hits, absolutely useless since they nerfed it.  So you haven't combined your TYP?  Citi allows all points to go into a common pool so there is no need to transfer them from card A to card B.

Message 14 of 22
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I just went for the Sams Club Discover, had the regular credit card already, got approved for $2500......not much as a rewards card but it will help utilization.  I've had quite a bit of successs with with GECRB over the past year.....they have been good to me.

Message 15 of 22
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Oh, didn't realize you have the Premier, thought it was the preferred.  Yes, I am closing mine as soon as the AF hits, absolutely useless since they nerfed it.  So you haven't combined your TYP?  Citi allows all points to go into a common pool so there is no need to transfer them from card A to card B.

cool! thanks for the info and goot to know.

Message 16 of 22
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

I took the leap and applied for the Dividend card and was denied flat out; no 7-10 day message.......so add another inquiry.  I am thinking about going for the Sams Club Discover and call it quits for a while........actually have more credit than I need.......I just love getting credit cards.

well sorry to hear about that, Citi can be quirky when it comes to approvals. But congrats on the SC Discover! that card will definitely grow with you!

Message 17 of 22
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

In June 2012 my husband got an offer for the Diamond Preferred card, approved starting CL 5500.

In Oct 2013 my husband got an offer for Thank You Preferred, approved starting with a 4500 CL.

Feb 2014 my husband got another offer for the Citi AA World Mastercard exp in March.  He is going to app for it once the card is showing PIF on the reports.

I dont get offers, I have to call recon due to 9 YO BK showing.  I was successful in Reconing for Citi Dividend last April though with a 2K starting CL.  So, if you dont have PR/DEL showing odds are probably good in success IMHO.

Message 18 of 22
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Citi is generally good with mailers and approving.  While I'm sure they look at total inquiries, they seem to really focus on how many in the last 6 months (6 is rumored to be the most acceptable but who really knows).  Not advocating this, but they just approved me for Executive AAdvantage with 26 EX inq, 8 in the last 6 months, clean file, 3yrs AAoA.  That card seems to have a high approval rate though.  I've never had any offers populate on their website, but they haven't declined any apps either (yet lol).

Wow, perhaps i should contact the EO once again for a 3rd manual review on my Citi Executive AA.  I reallly want this card!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 19 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I would. The bonus offer is too good not to! I should note, a lot of my inquiries have been with Citi and I've put a good amount of spend through my other Citi cards.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.