cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank really really hates me! Okay they kind of like me a little bit!

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Citibank really really hates me! Okay they kind of like me a little bit!

Not only did I receive one rejection letter they sent another a couple of weeks later to tell me that I am not qualified to carry there card! I dont know what gives with citi to be honest I apped with a 707 score. Wow what a hard nut to crack they are. 

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Re: Citibank really really hates me!

wow, they do. They love me. Gave me 5 cards in 2012 with a 9 year old BK still showing. I did not burn Citi during the BK hoever and had a 750 when I got the cards

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 2 of 31
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Not only did I receive one rejection letter they sent another a couple of weeks later to tell me that I am not qualified to carry there card! I dont know what gives with citi to be honest I apped with a 707 score. Wow what a hard nut to crack they are. 

Did you have a balance reporting on any card? They will deny people who doesnt report a balance. What did you letter state for denial?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 31
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Did you have a balance reporting on any card? They will deny people who doesnt report a balance. What did you letter state for denial?

Nope had a balance to many inquirys with a grand total of 3. I really want the AA card though, Im going to hit them up as soon as my score hits 730

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 4 of 31
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Nope had a balance to many inquirys with a grand total of 3. I really want the AA card though, Im going to hit them up as soon as my score hits 730

Are you serious 3 WOW! Yeah CITI can be very strange. Did you recon? Young recon his Diamond Preferred and was approved after a long (over a month or so) wait. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 31
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Its a battle between me and citi

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 6 of 31
djrez4
Established Contributor

There must be something else they don't like.  I was approved for two Citi cards w/ $10,000 limits last week at a 702 EX FICO with seven inquiries in the last six months.

Message 7 of 31
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Citi is indeed very strange. I had maybe three on Equifax and was denied for too many inquiries. I applied a while later and they looked at Experian which had about 15? and they approved two cards. Experian has a much higher score than Equifax for me, even though it has a lot more inquiries.

Message 8 of 31
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Makes my stomach turn to be honest 

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 9 of 31
dodgeball
Established Contributor

So I was mad and for no sense what so ever I decided to app again for the AA card, Instant approval for 2 grand ! Kind of wierd that it was such a low limit but I got my foot in the door. Now back to the garden, I guess this june going to ask them to match my USAA cards.

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.