Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank secured card, am I in?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Citibank secured card, am I in?

With USAA there are two types of memberships, 1) limited membership, which is open to anyone and 2) full membership, which has certain criteria to be eligible. The secured MC is for full members only.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 14
ilvwhtgrls

That isn't necessarily true.  I am a limited member with USAA and I have the secured card.  However, I was able to get on board almost nine monthes ago.

Message 12 of 14
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Citi secured CD's now only pay 1% APR. Looks like you just got in under the wire.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 13 of 14
tobey
Contributor

Woah! That sucks. I knew they couldn't sustain 4.07%, especially in this economy. But 1% on an 18 month CD is about as low as it gets... Still, it's nice that your deposit earns anything at all, most secured cards don't do that.

Fun ride while it lasted...

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.