Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Citibank

A friend called today to let me know two of his Citi cards were shut down due to inactivity. One was a mc and one was a gas card.

Get those cards out and start using them. If only for a pack of gum.

I'm running out tomorrow to pick up batteries and lightbulbs from Lowe's. My account just celebrated its 1yr anniv on June 8th and its never seen any action. Well, I guess its not doing any good just sitting in the drawer waiting for my next project. Geez...this (ficomania) is becoming a full-time job...Smiley Wink

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Citibank

Small purchases and limited usage of large credit limits will likely result in huge CLD.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My account just celebrated its 1yr anniv on June 8th and its never seen any action.

1yr and the card has never been used.Im shocked to hear its still open..

Message Edited by cartercorp on 06-12-2009 08:58 AM
Message 3 of 7
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My account just celebrated its 1yr anniv on June 8th and its never seen any action.

1yr and the card has never been used.I shocked to hear its still open..

I have 3 other GEMB cards that get a lot of use! ShopNBC, PayPal & Penney's. So I guess they know sooner or later...Smiley Very Happy
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH's Citi was shut down as well.  It still shows active on his reports, but he called to get a replacement card and was told the acct was closed due to inactivity. Oh, well.
Message 5 of 7
MattH
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Small purchases and limited usage of large credit limits will likely result in huge CLD.

Their reaction to limited usage depends on many factors.  My wife has for many years had a Citi card in her own name and is an authorized user on my Chase card (I've also got Discover and AMEX cards on which I'm the only user); both of us have excellent credit.  In recent years she had rarely used her Citi card, puting most purchases on the Chase card or on her debit card.  Well, a few months ago Citi did a product change, replacing her existing card with a Diamond Preferred card that had the same credit limit and a lower interest rate.  Apparently their computer had noticed that she (1) had an excellent history, (2) was an authorized user on my Chase card (with its high limit, frequent activity, and low utilization), and (3) hadn't used her Citi card much lately.  So we interpreted this as an effort at encouraging her to give Citi some transactions, and since then she has regularly put a fair amount of transactions on her Citi card.  We are not, however, willing to give them any interest so she continues to pay in full every month as we do on all our cards.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 6 of 7
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@MattH wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Their reaction to limited usage depends on many factors.  My wife has for many years had a Citi card in her own name and is an authorized user on my Chase card (I've also got Discover and AMEX cards on which I'm the only user); both of us have excellent credit.  In recent years she had rarely used her Citi card, puting most purchases on the Chase card or on her debit card.  Well, a few months ago Citi did a product change, replacing her existing card with a Diamond Preferred card that had the same credit limit and a lower interest rate.  Apparently their computer had noticed that she (1) had an excellent history, (2) was an authorized user on my Chase card (with its high limit, frequent activity, and low utilization), and (3) hadn't used her Citi card much lately.  So we interpreted this as an effort at encouraging her to give Citi some transactions, and since then she has regularly put a fair amount of transactions on her Citi card.  We are not, however, willing to give them any interest so she continues to pay in full every month as we do on all our cards.

+1

Great post. I'm patiently waiting for BOA to wake up! Until they do -- SD. Honestly, could care less if they close the account. 

Still havent had a chance to get to Lowe's, maybe they'll send out another one of those project promotion cards to help me make up my mind.Smiley Wink The last one I received already expired. Darn!

Message Edited by ocheosa on 06-14-2009 06:05 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.