Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Citibank

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
That's not the point, DI. Many people read these threads and the fact of the matter is that Citi will do business with you again, eventually, whether the account has been paid or not. In fact, once the account has been CO and sold to a CA/JDB you can't pay the OC anyway! We need to stick to the facts here and stay clear of the moralistic comments. Doesn't DR have a forum for that sort of thing? Or, better yet, go try preaching at CB and see what kind of responses you get!
+1000 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 15
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

What was your credit scores when you got your sears account. I just got denied with a 680 on equifax. Tey pulled equifax because i got a alert. I think i got denied because my utilization is high from christmas about 23 or 25%. I also got a charge off but its o dollars from 05 and a car repossesion in 05 but thats also 0 dollars. I was just wondering what there standard was. Just waiting for letter stating why they denied me.
Message 12 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:
What was your credit scores when you got your sears account. I just got denied with a 680 on equifax. Tey pulled equifax because i got a alert. I think i got denied because my utilization is high from christmas about 23 or 25%. I also got a charge off but its o dollars from 05 and a car repossesion in 05 but thats also 0 dollars. I was just wondering what there standard was. Just waiting for letter stating why they denied me.

If your question was for me, my FICO score was in the upper 700's at the time of approval.  My EQ report was pulled too. 

Message 13 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:

It's not all scores. You have two resolved, but reporting baddies and medium UTIL. That's probably enough for a denial right there. Citi also does not like to see many INQ's.
Message 14 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Citi does not forget about old accounts.  They were able to bring both of my accounts I opened in 2000 and 2001 with my SSN back in May 2009. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.