Did you mean: 

Citizens Bank World Mastercard

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Citizens Bank World Mastercard

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Well that extra. -03 percent is interesting. but as nixon said. lots and lots of hoops to jump thru. i honestly thought citizens went belly up.

They were backed not long ago by RBS, so I'm not sure where you heard they went belly up.  They separated from RBS and became a publicly-traded company late last year if I recall correctly.

Because every single branch we used to have here in florida. closed their Doors. became baok of america branches or just boarded the buildings. i really thought they were just a southern bank. because it was not that many of them to begin with. at least not here in florida. more of them were in Georgia however.

Message 11 of 22
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Not exactly impressive. The same base rate as the QS, and I am not really feeling the requirement to direct deposit my paycheck in order to get part of the bonus. Might work well for people who already bank with them, however.

I don't think they're asking you to direct deposit your paycheck. More like, deposit your earned cashback from this card into an account with them. This is similar to DD-ing Sallie Mae Mastercard points to Sallie Mae HYSA via your UPromise account.

An additional 10% Relationship Bonus on your earned cash back rewards and Purchase Bonus that you select to redeem via direct deposit into a Citizens Bank personal checking, savings or money market account

As against Cap One Q/S, it earns 0.3% more points, but has a min $25 redemption and $25 multiples. As against Citi DC, it has no FTF and doesn't require a PIF, but is 0.2% lower in cashback. So yes, it's a moderately strong contender for someone who doesn't have either of these cards. 

Message 12 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Well that extra. -03 percent is interesting. but as nixon said. lots and lots of hoops to jump thru. i honestly thought citizens went belly up.

They were backed not long ago by RBS, so I'm not sure where you heard they went belly up.  They separated from RBS and became a publicly-traded company late last year if I recall correctly.

Because every single branch we used to have here in florida. closed their Doors. became baok of america branches or just boarded the buildings. i really thought they were just a southern bank. because it was not that many of them to begin with. at least not here in florida. more of them were in Georgia however.

Yes, but branch divestitures or exiting specific markets does not mean "belly up" unless the bank truly "failed" and the Feds took over!  Far from it.  Besides, they were primarily a Northeast bank to begin with.

Message 13 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It's still backed by RBS. They got my hard pull once already. I'll pass.
Message 14 of 22
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

On the right side of the page it says:  "Personalize this site" and asks for a zip code.  When I put my zip code in, it said:  "ZIP Code is out of our business area - Please try again".   So...

Message 15 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
It's still backed by RBS. They got my hard pull once already. I'll pass.

Thanks for the confirmation B!  I could only recall they had announced their separation last year from RBS but didn't remember if it had went into effect yet.  So, just checked and it appears they're expected to be on their own by the end of 2016 based on the remaining RBS ownership stake.

Message 16 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I might apply once RBS is out of the picture. I think they review applications similar to how Élan. They want people with a bank relationship and limited exposure.
Message 17 of 22
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

There pre-approvals are solid  (ask a teller if you have any pre approvals) or open an account (1 penny a month deposit (even if you take it out and put it back in) to keep it open

they pull EQ  

They look for 680+ score

I personally dont like the bank (even tho they are my primary)

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

The Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania referenced in this thread receives a top rating by the FDIC. They are listed as headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. As to their past with RBS there appears to be some remaining connection related to credit cards. One poster mentioned a relationship similar to Elan Card Services. Appears to be true.

Message 19 of 22
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.