Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic TheNewWorldMan: How the credit bureaus update your reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Classic TheNewWorldMan: How the credit bureaus update your reports

Ahh yes, how true.

This is also the case when it comes to a company charging you money versus refunding money back to you. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 23
Learning_Tee0225
Regular Contributor

haulingthescoreup - beyond funny and so true!

Credit recovery journey -Jan 2022
1/2022: TU: 557 EX: 521 EQ: 567
6/2022: TU: 630 EX: 633 EQ:640
Current Cards
Open Sky Secured: $300
Discover IT: $2000
Merrick Bank: 2K
Mission Lane: $800
Forever 21: $600
Apple Card $1500, NFCU Go Rewards $6700, Amazon $600, Kohls $750
Message 12 of 23
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

HAHAHAHAHAH

@Anonymous wrote:

You know you're a nerd when you read that and think "The DoD definitely has 10Gig-E fiber..."

HAHAHAHAHAHA i totaly thought the same thing.... I said to myself "That really isnt that fast, i can assure you the DoD has at LEASE 100Gb Optical connection if not 1Tb (1 Terabit) Fiber connections lol......."

then i read your post and it made me chuckle again! 

I work for one of the top 5 comp companies lol ... and well yeah ... i r teh smerts bout compoopers 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 13 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@FairCredBen wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAH

@Anonymous wrote:

You know you're a nerd when you read that and think "The DoD definitely has 10Gig-E fiber..."

HAHAHAHAHAHA i totaly thought the same thing.... I said to myself "That really isnt that fast, i can assure you the DoD has at LEASE 100Gb Optical connection if not 1Tb (1 Terabit) Fiber connections lol......."

then i read your post and it made me chuckle again! 

I work for one of the top 5 comp companies lol ... and well yeah ... i r teh smerts bout compoopers 

That, of course, was the point -- part of the humor of the post. But I agree that it would take a geek to catch it! Gotta love inside jokes. Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 14 of 23
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

well point was that 256 megabits is SLOWWWWWWWWW

and i thought to myself, how could it write so fast on such a slow connection, then i finished reading and laughed ....

me = fail Smiley Tongue 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 15 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@FairCredBen wrote:

well point was that 256 megabits is SLOWWWWWWWWW

and i thought to myself, how could it write so fast on such a slow connection, then i finished reading and laughed ....

me = fail Smiley Tongue 

Yeah, we're both basically saying the same thing. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 16 of 23
TCGT

Very true.

I paid off my Capital One credit card online on the 13th of July my billing cycle ends on the 22nd....I looking to make a major purchase and I have become frustrated that its taking so long to update. Generally Cap 1 info is on my TU CR buy the 26th of the month at the latest!

TCGT

Message 17 of 23
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

From 5/1/2007 (this is the full text, despite the ellipses at the end):

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember that credit bureaus use different methods to receive and process good versus bad credit information.

Information that would negatively affect your credit rating--like a late pay or charge-off--is instantly beamed from the creditor to the agency via Department of Defense 256-megabit fiber optic lines and written to their servers in 8.6 milliseconds.

Information that would positively affect your credit rating is scribed onto scrolls in special ink by Gregorian monks, which are then painstakingly illuminated. The Credit Scrolls are then placed onto camel caravans which wind their way to the credit bureau headquarters by way of Marrakesh, Dubai, and Tripoli. Once the caravan reaches Equifax, Experian or TransUnion, the scrolls are then laid out in the sun for a week so that the special ink can be read. (Note that the weather around the credit bureau headquarters is notoriously gloomy, like FICO itself, so finding seven consecutive days of sunshine can be quite an ordeal in and of itself.) Only then can the information finally be encoded into your credit files...

I miss you, hauling!

(Sniffle)

Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 23
RonDawg
Contributor

So true I have one account I closed back in Feb of this year and the creditor has yet to report it has closed.  The last update was in December of 2011.  Another Creditor has been reporting a closed account since 1997 and that account was closed with a 0 balance and in good standing.  Sometimes I just don't get the logic that these banks use.

At anyrate its not hurting me so I suppose it does not really matter.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 19 of 23
rjohson
Established Member

thay was funny i almost believed it

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.