Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Clean Clean (Happy Dance)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clean Clean Clean (Happy Dance)

Hello everyone! It's been a min since i last posted on the forum, i got frustrated with the credit repair process and abandon my repair journey and let time do it's thing. Well i'm happy to report that ALL 3 of my CR are CLEAN Smiley Happy I can't believe it, i wanna cry.

So now that all reports are clean i pulled my scores and they are: Transunion 670 Equifax 688 Experian 703

Now the BAD news, i have no opening accounts reporting on any of my files, just a old Navy federal credit card that is now closed but reporting a pefect credit history.

I need advice on how to careful move forward, i dont wanna appy for low limit card and i dont wanna alot of inquiry. I 0 inquiries on ALL CR which make me smile. So any advice would be helpful.

Do you guys think i can get approved for any prime card with no opeing accounts reporting?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clean Clean Clean (Happy Dance)

Well Congrats on your CLEEEANNNNNN!!!

Well with those scores you can apply for cap 1 QS 1 Or a discover it.  They may give you a secured card but you can always start from some where.  You have some pretty experience members that will soon chime in to your thread...

Message 2 of 17
dman23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone! It's been a min since i last posted on the forum, i got frustrated with the credit repair process and abandon my repair journey and let time do it's thing. Well i'm happy to report that ALL 3 of my CR are CLEAN Smiley Happy I can't believe it, i wanna cry.

So now that all reports are clean i pulled my scores and they are: Transunion 670 Equifax 688 Experian 703

Now the BAD news, i have no opening accounts reporting on any of my files, just a old Navy federal credit card that is now closed but reporting a pefect credit history.

I need advice on how to careful move forward, i dont wanna appy for low limit card and i dont wanna alot of inquiry. I 0 inquiries on ALL CR which make me smile. So any advice would be helpful.

Do you guys think i can get approved for any prime card with no opeing accounts reporting?

Congrats on your clean reports. I wouldn't say you abandoned your credit repair journey. Quite often the biggest part of the credit repair journey process is time. So great job!

My scores were similar to yours when I started working on my credit. I had no open accounts at the time and applied for and received Chase Freedom, Discover it, and Barclays Rewards.  I think my credit limits for them were 3k, 1400, and 1200. (Something like that) They're now 7k, 15,200, and 2600. So don't worry about starting out with a small limit. Get what you can, utilize them responsibility and you'll be rewarded.

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS on your clean reports! Sometimes time is the next best step. With the scores you have now you should have no problem getting some unsecured cards. My scores were a little lower than yours and in the last 60 days I've been approved for a Chase Freedom ($2,500) Discover IT ($3,000) and Chase Slate ($2,000). I had one collection on my account when I app'd for the Freedom and the Discover. I know the limits aren't huge, but they are more than large enough for me. I'm just working on making oodles of on time payments and keeping my utilization down.

Don't sweat the inquiry aspect so much. You can't get credit if you don't apply for credit. I'm not saying go crazy and app for 20 cards, but choose a few you'd like that work with what you're trying to accomplish and go for it.  Inquiry impact is low in the overall scoring model, and they are off pretty quickly too. Just remember that opening new account will drop your AAoA, so you might see a dip in your score for a little while after you open the new accounts. Making payments for a few months as they age helps with that though.

Message 4 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success of having the clean reports!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

Check all the Pre-quals and report back.  You may consider finding the Penfed thread as anyone can join. They will give you offers with real dollar amounts that you can accept or not.  And they give some nice limits and low APR's

Prequals!!! Amex, Chase, Cap1, Citi, Boa

Spend some time making a list and choosing the right card(s) for you.  Maybe no store cards this round? Come back and run it by these Pro App'ers before pulling the trigger(s).

Congrats on the clean files.  pretty sweet.

Message 6 of 17
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

Check all the Pre-quals and report back.  You may consider finding the Penfed thread as anyone can join. They will give you offers with real dollar amounts that you can accept or not.  And they give some nice limits and low APR's

Prequals!!! Amex, Chase, Cap1, Citi, Boa

Spend some time making a list and choosing the right card(s) for you.  Maybe no store cards this round? Come back and run it by these Pro App'ers before pulling the trigger(s).

Congrats on the clean files.  pretty sweet.

+1

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 7 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Moving to CC for more help
Message 8 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were you I'd check the Chase prequalified site, and apply for the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited if you show up as prequalified.

If you don't show up as prequalified there, try Amex and see if you're prequalified for the BCE.

If you don't show up as prequalified on either of those, then I would go to Capital One, and if I were prequalified for anything there, I would grab it (caveat, they do a double or triple pull, but you'll be on the road to a comeback).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Discover for sure, Cap One QS and Freedom. Garden those for a year. Then, start building on those. Slow and steady. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.