Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaned DW report, score jumped to 781 - need card recommendation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cleaned DW report, score jumped to 781 - need card recommendation

@uecker4life wrote:

First I would try prequal sites - Amex (they might take awhile to update with any offers until they get a new SP with the improved scores), Cap one, Chase, etc.

I would be looking at either BCP (or BCE if you won't use it enough to offset the AF), Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Quicksilver...  Just make sure her other scores have also improved as much.  Barclay is a known TU puller so the Sallie Mae depends on that...  Discover double pulled me with EQ and EX.  Quicksilver of couse will pull all 3. 

And you can include all household income.  My wife puts our full household income and then our full rent/mortgage payments.  She has been approved for a BCP, Citi DC, and Sallie Mae within the last few months with scores around 700 with much worse stats than what you are showing.  She still has a few unpaid medical collections (in the process of PFDing so we can get a better rate on a new home) and only had 1 CC before her mini app spree.  The only real thing she had going for her at the time with a couple AU accounts from me showing 9 years of perfect history and 0% UTL and perfect payment for the last 4 years on her student loans.

There are definitely a lot of options.  I wouldn't think of it as being in "rebuild" mode at this point in time.  However, if you aren't in a hurry, then I would wait a month or two and wait for the prequals to start coming in after creditors SP her with her improved scores.

Thanks for the detailed reply, it is very helpful!

I'm not in a terrible hurry on hers, although I will have to ramp up some expenses this month I can put them on my LOC that is isolated from her. I think maybe one card that she can use for grocceries, coffe shops, target, etc... so the Amex might be a good attempet (she also has only 1-2 inquireis per CRA).

Her other scores are also good (but not as good as EX), I dont' have the exact scores since myFICO refuse to provide monitoring for her (claim that she needs to have more cards for that), but her CreditKarma FAKO is at 794 on TU and EQ.

BTW: She had 2 medical collections - one agreed to PFD, the other was paid last year so didn't agree to remove, she called and begged told stories about how she wants to rent a new place and they won't let her - long story short, they called the OC and they agreed to remove... so she is for the first time ever in a good shape.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.