Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Out the Sock Drawer

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Cleaning Out the Sock Drawer

Sallie Mae is a good fit for some not for everyone, as has been previously discussed...for me it wasnt that exciting as I get most groceries at target with my redcard or BJs, I buy gas maybe twice a month, and rarely shop on amazon. Groceries are often cheaper at target, so even not getting the special grocery rewards always, I still come out ahead for most items.

Anyway, thats off topic. It feels good to get rid of useless cards. I applaud OP for trimming the fat.
Message 11 of 19
stellar
Established Contributor

"Groceries are often cheaper at target"

I don't think so.  Try Walmart or Aldi.  Big difference in price.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must be living near the wrong Target O.o Groceries have never been cheaper there, how I wish that were the case since its closer than Wal-Mart...and a more pleasant shopping experience.
Message 13 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I just placed an order for alot of my groceries on Amazon today.  $200 worth..  Granted alot of cleaning supplies, but mise well max out my 5% on my Freedom for the quarter since I need the stuff anywaysSmiley Happy..  Vaue UR's obviously more then 5% Cash back this quarter hence the Freedom Vs. Sallie on Amazon till threshold hit.

Message 14 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Have no convenient local walmart but yes they are even cheaper. For the minimal amount of groceries I buy as a single person, who eats out too much, doesnt make much difference either way.
Message 15 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I just placed an order for alot of my groceries on Amazon today.  $200 worth..  Granted alot of cleaning supplies, but mise well max out my 5% on my Freedom for the quarter since I need the stuff anywaysSmiley Happy..  Vaue UR's obviously more then 5% Cash back this quarter hence the Freedom Vs. Sallie on Amazon till threshold hit.

you can buy groceries on Amazon??? LOL!!  I must be living in a bubble!!!  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good work!Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

you can buy groceries on Amazon??? LOL!!  I must be living in a bubble!!!  Smiley Wink

Certain cities yes you can by amazon freshSmiley Happy...Or non perishable groceries by amazon pantry.  Mine were by by pantry though.  Hoping they hit downtown nashville where I live within the next year or two.. Ripe for the picking with all the people and lack of grocery stores downtown along with high income earners aka music business and Dr's, etc., etc.

Message 18 of 19
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP on doing what suited you and your circumstances.....
as usual each his/her own... way 2 go !!!!!!!!!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.