Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cli question

Two questions. 

#1 Does the Macy's Am Ex card require 6 months before asking for a cli. The Dw and I both have $3000 limits.My card was opened 5/29/15. Hers on 6/17/15. How much should we ask for?  Is it a sp? 

#2 My Dw  opened a Neiman Marcus card on 3/31/15 with a $700 limit. It was paid off in August. How much of a cli should she ask for when she calls in? Is it a sp? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Cli question

I dont have Macys Amex but Neimans is a soft pull. u can call and ask whenever u want. they use a EQ fico bank card score. they always decline me. Neimans is my smallest limit at 2k, originally 700. I have 30k barmeys and 13k bloomingdales and 12k Macys store card. but neimans wont budge. 

Message 2 of 10
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Don't know about the time limit,but seems like since combo thingy happened w/ Macy's there's been some people getting HPs for CLI....

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

I dont have Macys Amex but Neimans is a soft pull. u can call and ask whenever u want. they use a EQ fico bank card score. they always decline me. Neimans is my smallest limit at 2k, originally 700. I have 30k barmeys and 13k bloomingdales and 12k Macys store card. but neimans wont budge. 

I always thought Neiman Marcus gave good limits. $2000 is quite low.

Message 4 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I always thought Neiman Marcus gave good limits. $2000 is quite low.

It''s never just a matter of the creditor.  One's credit and income matter as well.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

None of you experts has dealt with cli's on the Macy's Am Ex or Neiman Marcus?? Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure about Macy's AMEX but Macy's store card is definitely a HP. I just got one two weeks ago.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess we'll wait and see. I would like to get our Macy's Am Ex cards to $5000, and the DW's Neiman Marcus to $5000.

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would say since the switch to Citi and the HP and the giving mood they have been in, you don't have to wait 6 months and can request now.... ASK FOR $25k and the system will counter.

Neiman Marcus you can ask monthly if you want... it's SP and again you can ask HIGH and it will counter if anything.

My Neiman Marcus is at $700 (which is the lowest starting I believe unless an employee!)

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would say since the switch to Citi and the HP and the giving mood they have been in, you don't have to wait 6 months and can request now.... ASK FOR $25k and the system will counter.

Neiman Marcus you can ask monthly if you want... it's SP and again you can ask HIGH and it will counter if anything.

My Neiman Marcus is at $700 (which is the lowest starting I believe unless an employee!)

Thanks. We will try that approach. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.