Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close 2 FP cards and Orchard?

tag
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Close 2 FP cards and Orchard?

@sc2761 wrote:

Piggybacking on the OP's question:  I have the 3 cards in my signature, all have no AF.  Would anyone close the HSBC card which has a zero balance?

I wouldn't close any cards that don't have an annual fee.  There is no benefit to it. Even if you don't want to ever use them, stick them in a drawer and let them help thicken your credit file. 

Message 11 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@perfectuniverse1 wrote:

Thanks everyone! Im not sure about any store cards.. and Ive already applied for a was denied for a CIti Fwd and Amex Zync.  in thelast week.  So I think I shoud lay low on the applying for a little while.  And since I moved recently I have a lot of credit inqs dealing with that, utilities and such.  I have fair credit, 667 CK.  Is there a card out there I should apply for aside from the 2 I have? And how long should I wait before I apply?

If you are going to close your rebuilder cards, you really should go for that 3rd card before gardening.  Is there Walmart's in your area?  I like the Walmart card mainly because they will give you a monthly TU08 FICO score for free.  The Walmart should be pretty easy to get and then you can close out those rebuilder cards.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 14
perfectuniverse1
Established Member

@Crashem wrote:

@perfectuniverse1 wrote:

Thanks everyone! Im not sure about any store cards.. and Ive already applied for a was denied for a CIti Fwd and Amex Zync.  in thelast week.  So I think I shoud lay low on the applying for a little while.  And since I moved recently I have a lot of credit inqs dealing with that, utilities and such.  I have fair credit, 667 CK.  Is there a card out there I should apply for aside from the 2 I have? And how long should I wait before I apply?

If you are going to close your rebuilder cards, you really should go for that 3rd card before gardening.  Is there Walmart's in your area?  I like the Walmart card mainly because they will give you a monthly TU08 FICO score for free.  The Walmart should be pretty easy to get and then you can close out those rebuilder cards.

Thank you.. i actually got the itch in the meantime and tried the Barclays reward card of which I was denied.  I will try the recon on monday and if that doesnt work I will try the Walmart Card.  I really appreciate the advice!

Message 13 of 14
perfectuniverse1
Established Member

Just an update on my Amex Zync app.. was denied..and had a laundry list of reasons why.. It did say my fico score was 660.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.