Senior Contributor
Wanderer

Re: Close All Accounts Except Citi Credit Cards ?

Reminder: the Boy Scout Motto is "always be prepared." Other posters have said it. Never put all your eggs in one basket. Going on, it pays to have credit cards that access the Mastercard and Visa network. You never know when a network failure could take place!
Valued Contributor
takeshi74

Re: Close All Accounts Except Citi Credit Cards ?

[ Edited ]

Andy77 wrote:

If I were to close all my accounts except my Citicards, would that have any bearing on being any easier to obtain more credit with Citibank

As others have pointed out, that's not the only concern you should be thinking of.  You may not see the need for credit form others now but things can and do change.  Consider the full impact of closing those accounts (impact on utilization, impact on AAoA down the road, impact on number of accounts, etc) as well as the risk of relying on a single creditor.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+