Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Amazon.com Visa

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Close Amazon.com Visa

I was thinking about closing out my Amazon.com Visa as I don't use it on Amazon.com spending I only ever use it at drug stores and office stores and got 2% back I can use my Citi double cash card and get the same from it. Discover is giving for now 5% and after I can use Citi card as well and I'm only using 1% and I don't buy much from Amazon.com that would make a big difference. I would just keep the Chase Freedom for now that they have the 5% catalogs. Also, at a branch I was told that the people that have the Freedom will be able to keep the card.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Close Amazon.com Visa

I'm closing mine too on or after Black Friday.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've thought about closing mine but don't want to because of its age! I've had it since 2009 and I know it will affect my AAoA.
Message 3 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've thought of closing mine but it's one of my oldest TL. It's too bad it's not more competitive to the store card (with Prime membership).
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had yours?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about closing mine.

I have the Amazon prime store card and 5% discover that fits my Amazon needs better.
Message 6 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I had one awhile back and closed it. There are so many options that match or beat it for Amazon, and for other spending it's easy to do better, so there's just no advantage to it.  And it's Chase so it's unlikely you have a wonderful limit or APR on it to maybe justify keeping it.

I'd just move on. It's an underwhelming card for almost anyone at this point IMO.

Message 7 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

It was my oldest card, I think and I still closed it. Just over useless cards. :-/
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once a year they throw you a bone on Prime day 20 bucks off or something. Lower the limit to five hundred bucks and hang on to it
Message 9 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It makes sense since you have a another Chase card you can move the limit too!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.