Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

Close Best Buy MC for Amazon Store Card?

I'm thinking about closing my Best Buy Rewards Zone MasterCard, I've had it since 07/2010 for a Amazon store Card. I'm not a fan of Crap1 and was disappointed when they took over the accounts from HSBC. I have A CSP MC so I will still have a MC on hand. I noticed that the Amazon financing is just as good or better than the Best Buy card's. Although I was able to get the annual fee waived this year, I have a feeling that will not happen again now that Crap1 has taken over. And lastly, CLI's are a hassle to get and I here GE gives CLI every 4 months. Please share your thoughts.

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: Close Best Buy MC for Amazon Store Card?

best rewards are nice especially if shopping at bestbuy but its hard to push enough money through the low limit cards, I like there resturant reward program, but in the end I dropped my BestBuy card, CapOne just doesn't seem to care about the HSBC cards or retaining there users. No attempt to make me an offer when I was closing the card. Drop them unless you like making multiple payments a month for rewards. 0 interest deals are just too common these days and amazon probably have much better prices anyway. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

Re: Close Best Buy MC for Amazon Store Card?

Thanks! My limit is decent....$2.5k but I just do not trust/like Crap1. Since my AF was waived last week, I'll wait to close.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+