Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Credit one secure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close Credit one secure

Hey guys- Since joining my fico scores have gone up from 551 to 645 and as of yesterday was finally approved for a chase freedom card after being denied prior for bank of america secured and barclays...   I do have a credit one secured account that I got in august do I keep it and ride the year off on it and close before renewing or go ahead and close it and get my money back.... i'm in the process  of buying a second home for rental and will be financing 80% of the home-   At what point should I app other places to get a higher amount of utilization??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Close Credit one secure

If you are in the process of buying a second home, don't close the account until that process is over-.

Message 2 of 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

And also don't app until your mortgage process is closed and you have keys in your hand!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys think I need to do this I've got15 years of good credit history- I'm not worried about the length of my credit history

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops made a mistake- It's an open sky cc

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.