Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Huntington Voice Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close Huntington Voice Card?

I have the Huntington Voice card and I am thinking about closing it.  I've only had this account for 2-3 months and opened it because at the time I was banking with Huntington.  I have switched to Chase and no longer use this card.  Since it is a newly opened account it shouldn't effect my AAoA much.  I know I will not use this card at all anymore and would rather not keep an account opened that I am not going to use.  All of my cards, and CL info is in the signature.  I am 19 and just finished my freshman year in college.  What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Close Huntington Voice Card?

Just curious as to why you won't use it at all.  Are there no 3% categories that make sense to you

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My thought is to keep it open.  You could use the 3% category to just simply pay your bills and then sock drawer the card.  That's what I do with mine.  I'm keeping the card also for future overseas travel.  It's nice to have a mastercard with no foreign transaction fee. 

Message 3 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I was using one of mine for a BT offer (the non rewards version) and the other (rewards version) for 3x on utilities. Just because I don't use a specific card for a month or two isn't enough of a reason for me to close it. But I can also see trying to simplify things as well, so do what works best for you.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.