cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Wells Fargo Checking/Savings and Keep the Card?

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Re: Close Wells Fargo Checking/Savings and Keep the Card?

@goalof800

I believe they don't charge a monthly fee if you have direct deposit.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 11 of 14
Goalof800
Valued Member

Link to WF summary of fees for consumer accounts: https://www.wellsfargo.com/downloads/pdf/online_disclosures/FEE/EN/FII-PA-EN.pdf

Looked into it, and the fee is waived for the "College Combo" account if you link it to a "Campus Debit Card", which is why I haven't been charged a fee. There are also some additional ways to get out of paying the fee (listed in the linked PDF)

EDIT: paged I linked to is pennsylvania, so fees may be different in other states.

AMEX Zync (NPSL) | AMEX SPG ($5,600) | BoA Cash Rewards ($5,000) | WF Visa ($5,000)
Message 12 of 14
dhon55
Contributor

Just an FYI:

I intend to close the accounts because my money is just sitting there, and I don't care for their fees.  Haven't been charged one yet, but their minimum balance requirements, among other things are a turn off.  And if/when my college account becomes a "regular" checking account, the fees and requirements are higher.

I opened a Barclays Savings at 1.00%, while still low, it's a lot better than my 0.01% with the Wells Fargo "savings" account I had to get.  I had to have the checking and savings account in order to sign up for the card online, there was no way around it.

Goal Scores: 720+ (Experian Lender Pull 09/13): 733; Discover TU (01/14): 751; Walmart TU08 (02/14): 754;
WF Platinum (10/12) $1,600; WM Discover (12/12) $5,500; Amazon GE (12/12) $2,500; CapOne Quicksilver (12/12) $750; Discover IT (01/13) $1,000; Chase Amazon (02/13) $2,500; Citi Forward Student (02/13) $2,000; AMEX BCE (09/13) $15,000
Message 13 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Update for me: I emailed them about my fee. I opened a college combo, which somehow "miraculously" transferred itself into a different account with a $10 monthly service fee. They credited me $20 for my $10 service fee and I am switching it back into the college combo. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.