Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

Re: Close Wells Fargo Checking/Savings and Keep the Card?

@goalof800

I believe they don't charge a monthly fee if you have direct deposit.
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Valued Member
Goalof800

[ Edited ]

Link to WF summary of fees for consumer accounts: https://www.wellsfargo.com/downloads/pdf/online_disclosures/FEE/EN/FII-PA-EN.pdf

Looked into it, and the fee is waived for the "College Combo" account if you link it to a "Campus Debit Card", which is why I haven't been charged a fee. There are also some additional ways to get out of paying the fee (listed in the linked PDF)

EDIT: paged I linked to is pennsylvania, so fees may be different in other states.

AMEX Zync (NPSL) | AMEX SPG ($5,600) | BoA Cash Rewards ($5,000) | WF Visa ($5,000)
Contributor
dhon55

Just an FYI:

I intend to close the accounts because my money is just sitting there, and I don't care for their fees.  Haven't been charged one yet, but their minimum balance requirements, among other things are a turn off.  And if/when my college account becomes a "regular" checking account, the fees and requirements are higher.

I opened a Barclays Savings at 1.00%, while still low, it's a lot better than my 0.01% with the Wells Fargo "savings" account I had to get.  I had to have the checking and savings account in order to sign up for the card online, there was no way around it.

Goal Scores: 720+ (Experian Lender Pull 09/13): 733; Discover TU (01/14): 751; Walmart TU08 (02/14): 754;
WF Platinum (10/12) $1,600; WM Discover (12/12) $5,500; Amazon GE (12/12) $2,500; CapOne Quicksilver (12/12) $750; Discover IT (01/13) $1,000; Chase Amazon (02/13) $2,500; Citi Forward Student (02/13) $2,000; AMEX BCE (09/13) $15,000
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Update for me: I emailed them about my fee. I opened a college combo, which somehow "miraculously" transferred itself into a different account with a $10 monthly service fee. They credited me $20 for my $10 service fee and I am switching it back into the college combo. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}