New Contributor
chris2k5

Close Zync before applying?

I have both a Gold PRG (opened in July) and a Zync (opened in March). I was wondering...Should I close the Zync account?

I might be looking into a Amex Revolver or a Chase Sapphire sometime at the top of the year. I don't want to have too many accounts opened with Amex.

I can always product change the Gold PRG back to a Zync or Green correct?

CapitalOne Platinum - $1500
Chase Freedom - $5000 Chase Southwest Premier - $3000
Discover More - $3700
Barclays US Airways - $1500
American Express Platinum, Gold PRG, and Zync - NPSL
pizzadude

Re: Close Zync before applying?

I don't think having the ZYNC open would hurt your chances of applying for another AMEX card. If the card doesn't meet your needs then you could certainly close it, and yes you can always downgrade the Gold card to green or ZYNC.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
CK_Charles_Lover

I closed my Zync after I got the PRG, I just personally didn't want to have 2 charge cards when I know I'm only going to use 1. Some people keep them for different reasons. Yes you can PC your PRG to any other charge, usually.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

chris2k5 wrote:

I have both a Gold PRG (opened in July) and a Zync (opened in March). I was wondering...Should I close the Zync account?

I might be looking into a Amex Revolver or a Chase Sapphire sometime at the top of the year. I don't want to have too many accounts opened with Amex.

I can always product change the Gold PRG back to a Zync or Green correct?

If the $24 AF isn't a problem, keep it open 2 isn't too many accounts, just use it and pay in full with the GOLD PRG it may be difficult to find a benefit to using its rewards. Multiple accounts PIF surely will be seen as a possitive to there internal scoring system. Next year when the PRG's AF hits you can cancel it or PC to green or plain gold. 

Idealy the best plan would of been to wait and apply for the PRG in january, where its open date would appeared as  1/2012  3 months older with 13 months of age. I plan on APP for the PRG in January to get the maximum age boost, my first AMEX was openned in  12/2011,  so I would get  24 months old card dated  1/2011. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}