Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close my Duck Card?

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Close my Duck Card?

If i read this right i'm totally surprised that Occu hasn't already shut off the card since it was reported as a 30-day late (derog). They continually shut mine off every time i use it for the 3rd time in a single day and i have to call in to lift the hold. But what i view as the singlemost serious dilemma for you is that 30-day late. You MUST asap try to get them to remove it or it will haunt your reports. I think the card issue with your seriously ill best friend is but a simple matter that you can explain to her why you must assume full control of it again (however you choose to do that).

Best of luck for some sort of a reasonable outcome from all of this for you.

Message 21 of 25
compassion101
Established Contributor

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

I already told her to give the payments to me, and I will pay the card.

What's done is done, but above is what you should have done at the outset, and if not, you should have been checking your card payments every month. She can take some blame for not letting you know she wasn't making the payments, but tbh this really is your mistake. I learned something similar when I once cosigned for a lease for someone.

No reason I see to close the card. It won't help this situation. Cal and explain, write gw letter, best shot at fixing it

Message 22 of 25
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

I already told her to give the payments to me, and I will pay the card.

What's done is done, but above is what you should have done at the outset, and if not, you should have been checking your card payments every month. She can take some blame for not letting you know she wasn't making the payments, but tbh this really is your mistake. I learned something similar when I once cosigned for a lease for someone.

No reason I see to close the card. It won't help this situation. Cal and explain, write gw letter, best shot at fixing it

So if you read my original post, I wasn't looking for criticism on what I should have done. I already know my mistakes.

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 23 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

No doubt op. I sympathize your situation. As friends should never have issues with money. But it always happens. I co signed a few years back. Truly regretted it.
Message 24 of 25
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't really have any advice besides asking your friend to pay you so you know when it gets paid and how much. With all of your friends health issues if she was unable to make the payments since September then with everything coming up with her and her surgery I would definitely ask if she can pay you that way you know she's not paying.

I am so sorry you had to go through this. When letting a friend borrow money we want to trust that will pay back and I agree we feel like we should have no reason not to trust them. Whether sick or not your friend should of handled the situation a lot better then just not paying since September

I have read all of your posts when I first joined here and you inspire me. I joined here not to long ago and seen one of your post and started reading all of your post from there. The way you rebuilt your credit (and your husbands) to buy a house is amazing. Congrats on your accomplishments and even though this might set you back a little you can get it taken care of. You have done this before and you can get it done again

Wow, thanks! I'm glad my story is an inspiration to you! I remember posting my whole story on the Rebuilding board to help others not to lose hope. I felt hopeless at one point and wanted to give up. But a little effort pays off!

I definitely won't put myself in this situation again. Had I known that my DH was going to be out of work for three months without pay, I would have planned a little better. But what's done is done. That's another lesson that I learned last year. You can only move forward. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.