cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close slate apply for freedom?

tag
vmdizzle33

Close slate apply for freedom?

Okay, I'm still having issues with my Chase Slate. I've called every backdoor number, including the executive office. They will not do a PC to a freedom from a slate. Each time I'm told that the "screen says there is no option to change this card". They cannot give me an explanation as to why I am unable to PC to a freedom, it just won't allow them to. I've had the card since 2011 and it has a $0 balance. He stated my only option would be to apply for a freedom.

Is that a good option? Should I close the Slate and apply for a Freedom? I just want a card with some rewards now that I have paid off almost all of my credit cards. Maybe I should just SD the Slate and use my BOA 1-2-3 for gas and groceries?

I had 7 credit cards. 

Bill me later- paid off and closed

Barclay Card (apply financing)- Paid off and closing

Best buy - still has a small balance, will be closing

Old Navy VISA- Still has $82 balance, will be closing

Kay Jeweler's card- keeping because I use it once a year and pay it off. (have had it since 2006)

I PC my BOA card to the rewards already and now that leaves this pesky slate card.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Close slate apply for freedom?

I would apply for Freedom. If approved transfer your credit limit from the Slate to the Freedom and then close the Slate.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@vmdizzle33 wrote:

Okay, I'm still having issues with my Chase Slate. I've called every backdoor number, including the executive office. They will not do a PC to a freedom from a slate. Each time I'm told that the "screen says there is no option to change this card". They cannot give me an explanation as to why I am unable to PC to a freedom, it just won't allow them to. I've had the card since 2011 and it has a $0 balance. He stated my only option would be to apply for a freedom.

Is that a good option? Should I close the Slate and apply for a Freedom? I just want a card with some rewards now that I have paid off almost all of my credit cards. Maybe I should just SD the Slate and use my BOA 1-2-3 for gas and groceries?

I had 7 credit cards. 

Bill me later- paid off and closed

Barclay Card (apply financing)- Paid off and closing

Best buy - still has a small balance, will be closing

Old Navy VISA- Still has $82 balance, will be closing

Kay Jeweler's card- keeping because I use it once a year and pay it off. (have had it since 2006)

I PC my BOA card to the rewards already and now that leaves this pesky slate card.

Apply for Freedom and if approved moved the limit from slate to freedom...

But Chase has this crazy rule Slate you would have to leave a 500 limit on

At that point you could close or leave it open and grow it again 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
vmdizzle33

Okay, my credit limit is only $1500 for Slate. So I could possibly transfer $1000 and keep $500 on the slate?

Message 4 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@vmdizzle33 wrote:

Okay, my credit limit is only $1500 for Slate. So I could possibly transfer $1000 and keep $500 on the slate?

Yes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 6
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

@vmdizzle33 wrote:

That is correct, if you are approved for the Freedom you can definately move it over.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.