cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close to getting CSR 100K Bonus - How to apply points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close to getting CSR 100K Bonus - How to apply points?

First of all, because of this fantastic forum I will soon be able to go on some sort of "getaway". I am the type that will not pay for a vacation or getaway but with the CSR coming along, and the help of this forum, I will be able to get out and enjoy something. I figure, if I'm already paying for things, might as well get something out of it!

Anyway, I'm already at 2k Spent on the CSR. I opened start of this month.

I have plans on visiting my folks down in Charlotte in April (need two tickets) and I'm planning on doing a 1 day trip to Washington DC and staying at the Hay Adams.

1. I see how I can transfer points to a travel partner, but how do I know how many points to transfer? I see the Points guy has a current points value table on his website. Currently UR points are worth 1.5 cents / point. Is that the best way to get accurate up to date value? I signed up for United Airlines MileagePlus since that was the only partner I saw I was able to transfer points to, that would make sense to me for this Domestic and short flight.

2. The Hay adams in Washington DC shows up on the Luxury hotel and resort website, as well as the regular UR portal to get hotels. The UR portal allows one to use points, while the Luxury Hotel and Resort website shows an actual price and not the point equivilent. For the Hay Adams, would it be best to just pay for the Hotel normally through Luxury Hotel Resort website (to get free breakfast + $100 food credit throughout my stay). This way I can get 3x points, and then I can just reedem some of my points to pretty much pay for the hotel through statement credit?

The hay adams seems unique as it doesn't seem to be part of one of those larger hotel chains.

I'm a complete newb here. Just trying to figure this out.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Close to getting CSR 100K Bonus - How to apply points?

In most instances going through Chase for the 1.5 will be the best course. Look around the travel partners and do the math on tickets they are offering. You might come out ahead. I highly doubt it. It'll be hard to make up that extra $500 that you get by going through Chase.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.