Did you mean: 

Closed 3 Store Cards Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed 3 Store Cards Today

JCP CL $1800 Never use the card an don't care for there stores anymore

Meijer CL$600 Never use the card an there are limited stores in my area

TJX rewards CL$300  backed by Chase had the card a year no CLI an if i ask it's a hard

In the next few years I'm going to be getting rid of allot of my store cards. They are the devil with the high APR's

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
xchap
Contributor

Re: Closed 3 Store Cards Today

Alright mjbfan79 no need to hang on to crap cards.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 26
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I haven't had a store charge card in over 30 years.  For me, they always seem to be more trouble than they are  worth.  I just use my trusty old debit card when I shop at one of them, which isn't very often. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

What's a debit card?

Message 4 of 26
score_building
Senior Contributor

generally not a fan of closing no fee accts, if you app them, they may as well have some utility.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work.  I closed my GEMB JCPenney card when I found it was coded as a consumer finance account.  It was a pretty nice CL for me, but I have never missed it!

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan79,

I am in process of doing the same thing, I am especially aiming my sights on all GEMB accounts.  Just yesterday I closed my American Eagle account  (150.00 CL) because I was told at the 4 month mark, I was should be elgible for a CLI, tried at 4 months, no luck, need to see more payment histroy, try again when the account reaches 6 months, tried at 6 months no dice, not enough payment history, call back in 6 moths. So I told them to close my account because they have a "history" of not keeping thier word!  Chevron and Wal-mart are next!  I understand that I do not have a long credit file (oldest tradeline was opened in July of '08), but  I have a perfect payment history and I almost always PIF every month.  It felt so good to say those three little words "close my account"!
Does mjb stand for what I think it stands for?  Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

generally not a fan of closing no fee accts, if you app them, they may as well have some utility.

I do understand what your saying but i have applied for to many cards in the last few years an need to cut some of them loose an i would rather them say closed my consumer then closed by granter. My a take a lil hit with my scores but that all will come back. I have learned a big lesson when it comes to store cards only apply for cards where you shop allot. I don't really have allot of time joggle like 20 CC.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does mjb stand for what I think it stands for?  Smiley Happy 

What do you think it stands for?

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan79 wrote: May take a lil hit with my scores but that all will come back.

Why are you anticipating a score hit?  If you're carrying balances and it affects your utilization, you may see a hit.  Otherwise, no.

I actually got a little bump Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.