@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Happy from one fan to another!

Good to know theres another mjbfan on the forum

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed 3 Store Cards Today

anythingispossible09 wrote:

Thanks for your many posts, they are always so informative.

Welcome i think we all are here to help each other.

Message 22 of 26
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

What's a debit card?

That's a little plastic card I carry in my wallet that never runs out of money and doesn't cost me any  interest either.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

That's a little plastic card I carry in my wallet that never runs out of money and doesn't cost me any  interest either.  Smiley Very Happy

lol

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why are you anticipating a score hit?  If you're carrying balances and it affects your utilization, you may see a hit.  Otherwise, no.

I actually got a little bump Smiley Wink

What cards did u close.

GEMB JCPenneys and GEMB were coded as consumer finance accounts.  I closed them both.  Still have GEMB Dillard's, which is coded as a Dept. Store Card - I'll probably close it at some point when I pick up another bank card, but it's just fine for now.

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Hauling!  I am really starting to understand that in this whole credit mess, I have options and  I don't have to deal with crappy banks and their crappy cards.  Really, what can buy in American Eagle without going over my puny $150.00 CL?  A pair of jeans and a sweatshirt would almost max out the card!  LOL

I was approved for a Macy's store card in March of 09 with a CL of $100.  Fast forward a little over a year and my CL is over $2000 AND I was approved for the Macy's Visa, around the same time, I was approved for the Victoria's Secret card, even though that limit is $1010.00 (weird number I know), when I opened the account my CL was only $300.00.  These are examples of cards that have worked for ME, not the other way around, so these are definately my keeper store cards.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.