Did you mean: 

Closed 3 Store Cards Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed 3 Store Cards Today

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually got a little bump Smiley Wink

Well i hope that's the case lol. I don't regret what i did i know it will benefit me in the long run.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why are you anticipating a score hit?  If you're carrying balances and it affects your utilization, you may see a hit.  Otherwise, no.

I actually got a little bump Smiley Wink

What cards did u close.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does mjb stand for what I think it stands for?  Smiley Happy 

What do you think it stands for?

"Ain't nobody gonna love you better"  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats right all day LOL

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats right all day LOL

Smiley Happy from one fan to another!

Message 15 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in process of doing the same thing, I am especially aiming my sights on all GEMB accounts.  Just yesterday I closed my American Eagle account  (150.00 CL) because I was told at the 4 month mark, I was should be elgible for a CLI, tried at 4 months, no luck, need to see more payment histroy, try again when the account reaches 6 months, tried at 6 months no dice, not enough payment history, call back in 6 moths. So I told them to close my account because they have a "history" of not keeping thier word!  Chevron and Wal-mart are next!  I understand that I do not have a long credit file (oldest tradeline was opened in July of '08), but  I have a perfect payment history and I almost always PIF every month.  It felt so good to say those three little words "close my account"!

Ahhhhh, I love this! Smiley Very Happy

I've got 3 store cards, and I don't think that I could stand having any more. Even though store cards don't close you down as fast as bank cards, it can still be frazzling, trying to keep them open. I also made it an internal goal to not keep a store card unless the CL was four digits, so that helped keep me focused. (I have J.Crew, Home Depot, and Best Buy, and I can't find the slightest nibble of hunger inside me for anything else.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 26
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

generally not a fan of closing no fee accts, if you app them, they may as well have some utility.

I do understand what your saying but i have applied for to many cards in the last few years an need to cut some of them loose an i would rather them say closed my consumer then closed by granter. My a take a lil hit with my scores but that all will come back. I have learned a big lesson when it comes to store cards only apply for cards where you shop allot. I don't really have allot of time joggle like 20 CC.

Makes good sense...Congrats on taking big strides and doing what works for your plan going forward.  
I've opened 4 store cards i think, probably 2 too many.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so lame, I thought mjbfan79 stood for mary j blige fan, 79 representing the year you were born.  But I guess the other explanation works too, lmao.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm so lame, I thought mjbfan79 stood for mary j blige fan, 79 representing the year you were born.  But I guess the other explanation works too, lmao.

You got it right it does stand for that.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

now if I could only get this credit thing right, I will be all good.  Thanks for your many posts, they are always so informative.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.