Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed 3 Visa and 1 store card by Comenity!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed 3 Visa and 1 store card by Comenity!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

It feels so wonderful to close 4 more Comenity accounts totaling 15K.   I closed Sportsmans Guide Visa, Modell MVP Visa, Total Rewards and HSN which now brings the total to 11 Comenity accounts closed!  Never to open another Comenity card.  While I have a couple of cards left, it would not be a hardship if Comenity decided to close them.  It good feeling to walk away on my terms! Also, Sportsman Guide offered me a gift card to stay, I cut her off before she could give me the amount, it didn't matter.

My utilization isn't touched, just this month I have over $26,000 in CLI reporting including my new Blispay account!👌🏽

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed 3 Visa and 1 store card by Comenity!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Grats... Will be closing my Total Rewards tomorrow when statement cuts.  Rather have it on my terms than possibly their terms.  I will leave Virgin America open and Paypal credit and hopefully VA will get sold to BofA so I can be rid of all my comenity cards other than PayPal credit (which I still like).  Crappy lender how they have been acting the last 6 months and will feel weight lifted off shoulders getting rid of them as well

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Grats... Will be closing my Total Rewards tomorrow when statement cuts.  Rather have it on my terms than possibly their terms.  I will leave Virgin America open and Paypal credit and hopefully VA will get sold to BofA so I can be rid of all my comenity cards other than PayPal credit (which I still like).  Crappy lender how they have been acting the last 6 months and will feel weight lifted off shoulders getting rid of them as well

isnt paypal a synchrony bank backed card?

Message 3 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Paypal has 3 flavors.. PayPal credit = Comenity = Hidden Tradeline means it doesn't report to CRA.  Also Sync has a Paypal MC or if you don't qualify for that then Paypal smart connect which are not hidden.  I have both PayPal Credit and a PayPal MC through a company account and a personal account two different emails and checking accounts through paypal.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool make sense now. Is comenity bank that bad?

Message 5 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It feels so wonderful to close 4 more Comenity accounts totaling 15K.   I closed Sportsmans Guide Visa, Modell MVP Visa, Total Rewards and HSN which now brings the total to 11 Comenity accounts closed!  Never to open another Comenity card.  While I have a couple of cards left, it would not be a hardship if Comenity decided to close them.  It good feeling to walk away on my terms! Also, Sportsman Guide offered me a gift card to stay, I cut her off before she could give me the amount, it didn't matter.

My utilization isn't touched, just this month I have over $26,000 in CLI reporting including my new Blispay account!👌🏽

Congrats ! Great choice to save you a lot of grief at some point. I hope that Caesars changes backers on the Total Rewards card because I really liked that card - more because of Caesars than anything else - don't miss the credit line, never actually needed it, but I do use Caesars a bunch and I liked the loyality. I'm with you though, I'll never open another Comenity backed card no matter how much I like the merchant. 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Paypal has 3 flavors.. PayPal credit = Comenity = Hidden Tradeline means it doesn't report to CRA.  Also Sync has a Paypal MC or if you don't qualify for that then Paypal smart connect which are not hidden.  I have both PayPal Credit and a PayPal MC through a company account and a personal account two different emails and checking accounts through paypal.

So so true to have it on your terms than theirs.  Got tired of looking over my shoulders wondering if my inquiries were acceptable to them.  I hate to admit it, but I indulged way too much with that SCT last year.  

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats ! Great choice to save you a lot of grief at some point. I hope that Caesars changes backers on the Total Rewards card because I really liked that card - more because of Caesars than anything else - don't miss the credit line, never actually needed it, but I do use Caesars a bunch and I liked the loyality. I'm with you though, I'll never open another Comenity backed card no matter how much I like the merchant. 

pipeguy. Thanks!  If Total Rewards was backed by lets say🤔🤔🤔Synchrony, lol I would re- app immediately!  I'm in Vegas once to twice a year and I do enjoy Caesars as well, but Comenity is just way too unpredictable and unprofessional.   Happy to know that you haven't been impacted by Comenity craziness.

Message 8 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

pipeguy. Thanks!  If Total Rewards was backed by lets say🤔🤔🤔Synchrony, lol I would re- app immediately!  I'm in Vegas once to twice a year and I do enjoy Caesars as well, but Comenity is just way too unpredictable and unprofessional.   Happy to know that you haven't been impacted by Comenity craziness.

Heh, you mean other than having my $10.5k Total Rewards Card canceled 2 days after they lowered my APR? It was my one and only Comenity card and like you I have more open credit than I'll ever need, frankly if I was using 10% of my available credit I'd be worried so in that vein, nah no big deal - no impact. I'm already 75% on the way for Seven Stars this year, should hit it by May or June and yeah I'm going to continue to let Caesars know that Comenity is a busted hand for their brand. 

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Rosey.  Don't want any VISAs, but will keep the 3 in my signature.  Congrats on the Blispay.  We all celebrate your success and wish you continued good things. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.