Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed 3 year old Cap1 credit card

tag
josie
Regular Contributor

Closed 3 year old Cap1 credit card

Was charged the annual fee of 59.00. Called and ask them to wave the fee and they said all they can do wave half of it. So I told them ill go ahead and close the account limit us only 500 and they won't give me an increase been asking for over a year.  Just got Amex gold at 1000 and Amex BCE at 4500. So as far as I see is too bad for them. 

Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
josie
Regular Contributor

Closed 3 year old Cap1

Was charged the annual fee of 59.00. Called and ask them to wave the fee and they said all they can do wave half of it. So I told them ill go ahead and close the account limit us only 500 and they won't give me an increase been asking for over a year.  Just got Amex gold at 1000 and Amex BCE at 4500. So as far as I see is too bad for them. 

Message 1 of 10
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed 3 year old Cap1

Bah, you should have tried to go the EO route first. Smiley Sad

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed 3 year old Cap1 credit card

@josie wrote:

Congrats to your Cap-1 departure, good luck.

Message 4 of 10
josie
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed 3 year old Cap1 credit card

sorry double posted 

Message 5 of 10
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@josie wrote:

AmEx actually gave you a pre-set spending limit on a Gold Card ?

I thought they did not reveal their internal limits to their cardholders.

Message 6 of 10
josie
Regular Contributor

Did that back in June and again in December. Still didn't get anything. 

Message 7 of 10
josie
Regular Contributor

It the Delta gold

Message 8 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Did you go thru the EO channels and express your concerns? I do share your frustrations with Stingie crapper one. I applaud everyone who flooded posts with their recent increases, some after many years finally breathing satisfaction, but i'm in the same boat with C1 toy limit and i'm about to close my Cap1 card after numerous attempts at even a small CLI they refuse every time. And EO is not going to HP my reports to damage my standing with Higher Quality Prime lenders who don't exactly care to find yet another toy limit legacy cap 1 stamps on CRA reports.

You Already Have A Pair Of Cream of the Crop nice cards in Amex. I hope to bring one in myself later this year.

Way better opportunities await you Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I feel your pain with Crapital One.  I had to go through the EO to get my $59 fee waived for this year only, they refused to permanently remove the "membership" fee.  I asked for a $1200 CLI and they gave me $200.  About a week later my wife, who has almost identical scores, got an auto CLI from them for $1000 that doubled her limit to $2000.  There is no rhyme or reason to the things they do and it seems they would rather invest in interest and fees from high risk customers than maintain relationships with those who have invested in their cards.

Both of my Crapital One cards have been paid in full and have found themselves a new home in the SD and that is where they will live until about a week before the AF hits next year at which time they will be closed.  I prefer to funnel my money through Prime lenders who appreciate the relationship I build with them!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.