cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed 4 accounts today left with 1.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed 4 accounts today left with 1.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love Capital One which most people don't. They there my first credit card ever then I burned them in my BK. They gave me second chance with $10,000 CL and 14.49% APR. I am not worried about .50% difference between Double and QS. Sallie Mae is a good card but again Capital one always treated me good so I it's payback time lol. All others APR was 22.99% which was a rip off.

Well..

I guess if you don't care about maximizing rewards..

You are correct. I am more worried about my APR, They never gave me $300 CL, High APR, and annual fee card like they give to others.

Just out of curiosity...Yours is a WMC. Did you PC it from a Platinum Prestige?

This account was originally HSBC with $2750 CL. When it came over to Capital one they gave me green cash (something like that) and increased my CL. I called EO to get WMC QS.

No kidding...Wonder if they'd lower the APR even more.

Message 21 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

app spree coming up? Smiley Wink

Hopefully not anytime soon.Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to be a stick in the mud and say I do not agree with this.  

I'm not seeing cards with AFs or required usage. You closed high balance cards that would have allowed for high spending (vacations, unexpected bills, etc...) without affecting your FICO too much. You also dramatically changed you debt to equity ratio even if you only spend $2,000 a month. Just SD cards in the future or move balances to one card (if possible) to reduce the number of accounts. 

Just my .02

Agreed, but it REALLY is the OP's prerogative to simplify things it seems like.

Message 23 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love Capital One which most people don't. They there my first credit card ever then I burned them in my BK. They gave me second chance with $10,000 CL and 14.49% APR. I am not worried about .50% difference between Double and QS. Sallie Mae is a good card but again Capital one always treated me good so I it's payback time lol. All others APR was 22.99% which was a rip off.

Well..

You are correct. I am more worried about my APR, They never gave me $300 CL, High APR, and annual fee card like they give to others.

This account was originally HSBC with $2750 CL. When it came over to Capital one they gave me green cash (something like that) and increased my CL. I called EO to get WMC QS.

APR with HSBC was 18.99%.

Message 24 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well..

Still worth a shot, Isn't the QS's low end something like 11.99%?

Message 25 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not seeing cards with AFs or required usage. You closed high balance cards that would have allowed for high spending (vacations, unexpected bills, etc...) without affecting your FICO too much. You also dramatically changed you debt to equity ratio even if you only spend $2,000 a month. Just SD cards in the future or move balances to one card (if possible) to reduce the number of accounts. 

Just my .02

My wife has bunch of credit cards. I don't have to worry on that.

Message 26 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well..

Still worth a shot, Isn't the QS's low end something like 11.99%?

Yes it is. Never thought about it though. I will try to contact Cap One soon to lower it.

Message 27 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just my .02

My wife has bunch of credit cards. I don't have to worry on that.

Something else to consider. Don't you need at least 3 cards to maximize FICO's?

Message 28 of 142
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed four credit cards today and feel good about it. I know I am going to get criticized here but I did not need them. I spend average $2,000 a month and $10,000 CL is enough for me. Now I only have to worry about 1 account.Smiley Happy

Closed accounts 

1. Citi Double Cash $18,000 CL

2. Sallie Mae $10,000 CL

3. Salle Mae $10,000 CL

4. BOA Cash $2,000 CL

While I wish I could step out for a sallie Mae, my sister is quite happy with one main card, her chases southwest rapid rewards.  It's a high limit, but she's not much into managing a bunch of cards.  Think she still has some store cards.

Another forum member was tired of the juggle card thing, and decided on only the sallie Mae.  Some folks like to keep it really simple.

Signature needs updating
Message 29 of 142
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't think you need 3+ cards to maximize FICO. a credit card in good standing and an installment loan of some kind like a car loan is probably enough. You certainly can improve your score w 2 or 3 cards yes but your score isn't as big of a deal if you aren't trying to obtain anything anyway.
Message 30 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.