cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed 4 accounts today left with 1.

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Closed 4 accounts today left with 1.

Haha thx Nixon. It drives me batty to see people getting loads of $250 Comenity cards. Smiley Mad

Message 81 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! If having only one card makes things easier/better for you then that's wonderful. I do not hate Capital One yet, they have given me no reason to. They started me off with a $300 card then increased it to $3300 so I'm pretty happy with them right now. I was curious though.......didn't you just open the 2 SMs and the DC? Did you just decide after opening the accounts that you no longer wanted them? Forgive me if it's a personal matter that you do not wish to discuss on the forum. :-)

Message 82 of 142
Involver
Valued Contributor

What an odd decision.
Message 83 of 142
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed four credit cards today and feel good about it. I know I am going to get criticized here but I did not need them.

Doesn't matter what others think.  You have to do what works for you.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to be a stick in the mud and say I do not agree with this.  

I'm not seeing cards with AFs or required usage.

You don't have to agree.  Each needs to decide based on their own criteria.  Despite the popularity of the "keep everything with no AF" mantra on myFICO it is not relevant to everyone.  There's nothing wrong with recommendations but you need to consider the person you're giving the recommendation to.  You can't just simply recommend that everyone do exactly as you would do.

@kdm31091 wrote:
Yes my original verbiage was an error but again not everyone cares to eek out every possible point. 

That's why you have to be careful with your choice of words.  Maximize has a specific meaning.  If one chooses to maximize FICO's then one is choosing to eke out every possible point.  If one isn't looking to maximize then one doesn't need to follow a suggestion about maximizing.

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know why so many people hate Capital One here.

Does it really matter?  Experience and prefeence can and do vary.  You can't expect everyone to like what you like and dislike what you dislike.

Message 84 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:
You can't just simply recommend that everyone do exactly as you would do.

You can, but to expect someone to follow that recommendation as if it was law is absurd!

Message 85 of 142
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Agree that people have to do what works for them. Admittedly we all tend to fall into two extremes here: keep everything with no AF or close everything you no longer need. I'm in the latter camp but I think we all can meet in the middle sometimes and say that its best to do what works for your situation. You may not get every possible FICO point but you will be happy and that's what matters.
Message 86 of 142
BlueRenew
Contributor

Wow! That is awesome.

Congrats! I am new to Cap1 and so far so good.

I plan to close mine the end of the year, but if they are that good to me maybe not.

My 7 Cards

NFCU CashRewards: $7,500 I Discover It: $4,000 I Sallie Mae: $2800 I Amazon Chase Visa: $1000 I Amazon Store Card: $900 I Cap1 Quicksilver1: $750 I Macys Store Card: $600
Message 87 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueRenew wrote:

Wow! That is awesome.

I plan to close mine the end of the year, but if they are that good to me maybe not.

If your scores look great at the end of the year I suggest closing it and reapplying for the No-Fee version. You might get more than you expect.

Message 88 of 142
BlueRenew
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BlueRenew wrote:

Wow! That is awesome.

If your scores look great at the end of the year I suggest closing it and reapplying for the No-Fee version. You might get more than you expect.

I have considered that, but since I have a NFCU cashRewards card QS is almost pointless.

Unless they can offer me the 0% which I am well aware they will not.

Then again that is also pointless as I pay my balance off each month.

I'm hopping they come out with a new awesome card that I can PC to.

Those darn 3 HP will still be on my CP so I want to PC, but all the cards they offer now would just end up in the SD.

My 7 Cards

NFCU CashRewards: $7,500 I Discover It: $4,000 I Sallie Mae: $2800 I Amazon Chase Visa: $1000 I Amazon Store Card: $900 I Cap1 Quicksilver1: $750 I Macys Store Card: $600
Message 89 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueRenew wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BlueRenew wrote:

Wow! That is awesome.

I have considered that, but since I have a NFCU cashRewards card QS is almost pointless.

Unless they can offer me the 0% which I am well aware they will not.

Then again that is also pointless as I pay my balance off each month.

I'm hopping they come out with a new awesome card that I can PC to.

Those darn 3 HP will still be on my CP so I want to PC, but all the cards they offer now would just end up in the SD.

Oh, well if you have that, then I'd just as soon close the QS1, No sense in paying for what you get free with NFCU.

Message 90 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.