Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed AMEX Zync PSL

tag
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

Closed AMEX Zync PSL

Just closed my ZYNC PSL after reading numerous Posts saying it will NEVER grow, and I think it's true - I've tried applying for the AMEX Green 5 times, denied everytime, meanwhile, getting approved for the Chase Freedom, lol. Never stated that the reason I was denied was due to having the AMEX Zync PSL, but i'm pretty sure that's what it was. And if someone got approved for another AMEX product whilst having the Zync PSL, good for them, that's awesome. I'm just gonna wait 60 or 90 days and apply for the Green or BCE. 

Sucks knowing that you're going nowhere with a card, I quit using it becuase of just that, I knew that it was getting me no where. Oh well, gone now; and the Rep made ZERO attempt to try to keep me, just funny, she was just like Ok, it's Closed, have a great day. Crazy.

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Closed AMEX Zync PSL

@collinsridge wrote:

Just closed my ZYNC PSL after reading numerous Posts saying it will NEVER grow, and I think it's true - I've tried applying for the AMEX Green 5 times, denied everytime, meanwhile, getting approved for the Chase Freedom, lol. Never stated that the reason I was denied was due to having the AMEX Zync PSL, but i'm pretty sure that's what it was. And if someone got approved for another AMEX product whilst having the Zync PSL, good for them, that's awesome. I'm just gonna wait 60 or 90 days and apply for the Green or BCE. 

Sucks knowing that you're going nowhere with a card, I quit using it becuase of just that, I knew that it was getting me no where. Oh well, gone now; and the Rep made ZERO attempt to try to keep me, just funny, she was just like Ok, it's Closed, have a great day. Crazy.

Ohhh....

Thats not cool at all. In about 1-2 weeks you would have been able to PC it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

Ohhh....

+1 You may have jumped the gun on this one for sure

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

Well, since you already closed it, just wait for the 91 days and apply for the PRG first year fee waived + sign up bonus.

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

What Open suggested is good, this way you cant get your bonus and waived fee. Those 2 things would be available if you PC'd.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@LS2982 wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

Ohhh....

Unfortunately not necessarily.  I just called in to PC my PSL Zync and was told there was no offer on MY account.  She said that it rolled out on the 13th to PC the zync cards, but it does not show up on mine.  She had NO idea why..whether it was the hard limit, or some other reason.  I can't imagine what it is because Ive had the Zync card for a year, perfect payment history and a good credit report free of baddies.....I don't know what they are looking for so I give up.  I am calling back in to close my Zync like the OP.Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 7
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Any update on being able to PC the Zync PSL cards?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.