Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed AU

tag
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Closed AU

I have been lurking on the forums, but have yet to come a situation like mine.

I used to be an AU on my dad's Amex. I had it for 9 months, but then we got into an argument unrelated to the Amex account. He decided to show me who's boss and closed my AU account on his Amex.

However, here's the strange part. The closed AU account still reports as a trade line. My total credit utilization still takes in the closed AU's credit limit. And the strangest of all is that it's still gaining history!

I used to pay for the Amex since my dad hardly uses it so I have the login and password. I checked and saw that my AU account had disappeared. So that confirms that he did close my AU account. The Amex is still active.

It was closed on August 2012. That made it 9 months from the month it was opened.(October 2011) On my credit report, it reports 1 year and 4 months.

Any explanations?
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Closed AU

Interesting to know too Smiley Happy

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.